C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

Hello from Castleford, West Yorkshire.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
dadie11   
Sun Sep 10 2017, 03:01pm
Member No: #2724
Good afternoon, I am David Crawford. I recently moved here to Castleford, West Yorkshire from Bournemouth, in November, 2016.
Curiously, there are some violins playing on Classic FM in t'background...(there are (is?) (an)other similar stations available, I believe…) to lend a suitably sombre tone...

My father, whom I met but on a handful of occasions - but that, as they say, is another story - was a highly esteemed Engineer in the R.A.F., working on the 'V' bombers; so I think, with all due modesty, that I have inherited some of his engineering genes.

He was a SAAB man, and from an engineering standpoint, would try extoll their virtues; but it all fell on deaf ears, they were for the middle-aged...or even elderly! Being short of funds in the late seventies, a Riley RMF and then an MGB, was all I could manage at the time.

I always hankered after a DS, having seen one when I were a lad in the sixties on the farm in Devon.

I would like to think that he would have thoroughly enjoyed my remarkable C6...une ’Grise’, en effet, which is now gracing the road outside. Externally, virtually blemish-free - just a tanner-sized chip on the bonnet, which will be attended to shortly. As will the interior, which, whilst not tired, just lacks a little TLC - the front seat-belts, in particular.
She’s just cracked the 100km point, which was marked with a new drive belt from B&L in Welwyn. 500 and summat-odd quid. The A/con was rebuilt, (not by B&L)...£1100. Gulp!

She is my second '6'; the first being an '07, 2.7 'Exclusive' in Iron Grey with a cream interior, which I bought from David Nolan in Hamble from the proceeds of the sale of my flat in Bournemouth in July, 2016, following the death of my sorely missed wife of thirty-one years, earlier in the year.

I had a couple of Xantias in the early ‘noughties’ which introduced me to the chevron marque; they continued the Gallic theme from a number of thoroughly enjoyable little Renaults.

I have a lovely little MB C200 from 1998, which is ‘sorned’ at the moment and is a great little runaround...trouble is...‘La Grise’ is a hard act to follow. Que faire?
Hattershaun   
Sun Sep 10 2017, 08:09pm
Member No: #320
Welcome David, may your C6 give you much pleasure.
I've had a few C6 over the years (and many other Citroens) and love them to bits.
Trainman   
Mon Sep 11 2017, 12:37pm

Member No: #86
David,

it good to know you're finally sorted, just as a point of interest, given your father's experience, There's a Victor tanker on display at the Yorkshire Air Museum in Elvington and, of course, there's the Vulcan at Doncaster.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club