Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Which spheres should I chose? Lizarte? FHSS?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Paulius   
Sun Sep 03 2017, 03:21pm
Member No: #1821
Hello!
I noticed that the ride quality has degraded a bit over the last year, so I am looking to change all the spheres on my 2008 C6 which has 250K km on the clock by now. I'll do a complete fluid change, ride height re-adjustment, etc. Even if some of the spheres are still OK, I would still FEEL better about the car if I knew that all of the spheres are brand new.

However, I am not sure on which manufacturer produces the best and longest-lasting spheres. I am aware that the genuine Citroen spheres are of very high quality and I would like to have the confidence that the spheres I am about to purchase would last for another 8-9 years.

I couldn't help but find the sphere-shop.co.uk store which sells F.H.S.S. spheres. They seem fine, with date of manufacturing, but I also found some info that they lose a lot of pressure over time - a considerable amount ever year, and their warranty only covers complete failure, not pressure-loss.

Also, Lizarte spheres seem to be at the top of the Google search results list, but I couldn't find any useful information regarding their reliability and all on the internet.

Surely, one of the manufacturers have to be OEM? Or do Citroen themselves produce THE 'genuine' ones? Where do you get them and how do you know the date of their manufacturing?

So, what spheres do YOU think are the best and why?
Thanks!
gmerry   
Sun Sep 03 2017, 08:23pm
Member No: #21
IMHO, the I.F.H.S. spheres are the very best of the aftermarket spheres, way better than Suplex or Munroe. see sphere shop - Click Here -

regards
Paulius   
Sun Sep 03 2017, 10:38pm
Thanks for that!
May I ask for any additional comments on why Suplex or Monroe spheres are worse? Do IFHS spheres come with multi-layered diaphragm?
gmerry   
Mon Sep 04 2017, 07:30am
Member No: #21
Hi Paulius, my front spheres failed very early on. I replaced them with Monroe (corners) and Suplex (stiffness) and they went flat within the year.

IFHS still going strong 5 years later.

regards
G
C6Dave   
Mon Sep 04 2017, 06:17pm

Member No: #1
Paulius wrote ...

Thanks for that!
May I ask for any additional comments on why Suplex or Monroe spheres are worse? Do IFHS spheres come with multi-layered diaphragm?

A lot of spheres 'sit on the shelf' before being sold, IFHS from the Sphere Shop are made on order so are brand new.

I know as I ordered some for my DSuper and the manufacture date stamped on was the day after I paid
Website
Paulius   
Mon Sep 04 2017, 09:30pm
I couldn't help but notice that IFHS themselves claim that their spheres lose 17% of their pressure every year. Does that apply to genuine Citroen spheres?
Manufacture on-demand sounds very good though, because I would imagine genuine Citroen spheres sitting on the shelves for years (?).
PercyPorcelain   
Thu Sep 07 2017, 07:56pm
Member No: #2027
I got some IFHS spheres about a year ago and fitted them myself, wasn't difficult, they've been very good thus far no complaints

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club