Front shocker replacement info needed if poss

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
emkay1985   
Wed Aug 30 2017, 06:40am
Member No: #1977
Hi guys.

That time has come for my dad's c6 to have its front shockers replaced.

Also needs a passenger front bearing but I've already replaced the drivers so that's not an issue.

I would appreciate any info you guys have on good quality if genuine replacements for the front struts and any possible walkthroughs you've read.

Don't mind tackling big jobs as I've just done the cambelt kit on this, (one of the rear camshaft pulley bolts had dropped out! Another was almost out and the third was just becoming undone. Thankfully it still ran) so doing the shockers I don't think will be to bad.

Thanks in advance.

Dave
321dave   
Wed Aug 30 2017, 06:09pm
Member No: #614
Was that the fuel pump belt and pulley under cover at the passenger side of the engine? Just out of interest what is the C6 mileage? And was somebody doing any work on the belts and pulleys before you? Better check this out!!
emkay1985   
Wed Aug 30 2017, 09:30pm
Hi 321 Dave.

I haven't done the fuel pump belt yet. It was the main cambelt. It was the rear camshaft pulley - closest to the bulkhead. One of the 13mm bolts dropped out and another was on it's way. I was in it when it started to make a horrid noise at idle. Switched it off and investigated.

Anyone with a bit of knowledge and confidence could do the belt kit. Once you've got the pipes and brackets moved it's really not bad at all. Looks worse than it is.

It was all original. All the clips etc were intact when I started the job and belt had a psa part number on. So I doubt anyone was in there before me.

It's covered 55k. A 2008 car but 2006 built. Was due really.
321dave   
Wed Aug 30 2017, 10:00pm
Member No: #614
Thanks emkay1985 for the details. I'm guessing that would be 55000mls? The cambelt interval is up towards 120000mls +/- conditional on the environment and general use. Strange that should happen,
But I guess anything can potentially fail. At least you got to it fast. Well done.
gmerry   
Thu Aug 31 2017, 05:24am
Member No: #21
Regarding replacing your front struts, these have to be OEM, there are no options. Part numbers are listed in this website.

Some of us have purchased these through L'orient Midi Citroen dealer in Brittany, but shop around for best price.

Suspension will need to be depressurised for fitting but not that difficult a job.

I'm guessing your "ball bearings" are the wheel bearings. Best and surprisingly economical way of doing this is to purchase a new complete swivel assembly - EurocarCare will give you a good price on this.

regards
G

emkay1985   
Thu Aug 31 2017, 10:17pm
Did I read in a post about a place that sold them called Citroen City?

What's the number or site address? I can't seem to find them. Or the part numbers for that matter.
gmerry   
Tue Sep 05 2017, 06:28pm
Member No: #21
Check out this post for strut part numbers.

- Click Here -

regards

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club