Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Windows - Micro-descent anticipation unit

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
sotweedfactor   
Sun Aug 27 2017, 11:53am
Member No: #2185
In the downloadable document 'C6 Electrical Equipment Presentation.pdf', I came across the following. Can anyone offer me a brief backgrounder or explanation of the role of these units?

gbl   
Sun Aug 27 2017, 12:59pm
Member No: #936
Just a guess: Dropping of a side window when pulling a door handle. In anticipation of door opening.
sotweedfactor   
Mon Aug 28 2017, 09:26am
Member No: #2185
Yes, that's a situation I can imagine where 'anticipation' might be required. Maybe in the event of a crash as well? I can't quite figure why there would be one unit for the front doors and one for the back and why they'd be mounted above the pedal gear. (But, hey, I didn't design this automotive wonder). They look rather like relay boxes.

The outer handles on the C6 have a two-stage pull: the first part of the pull drops the window; the second part unlatches and opens the door. The interior handles do not seem to have this two-stage feature. Both handles are connected by pull cables to the door latch unit (and by those alone). The latch unit has its own electronics box and is part of the 'brains' of the door. There are electrical signal cables running from the latch unit to the main door controller unit that's mounted on the window winder unit.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club