C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

Hello from Merseyside (st. helens )

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
mechcanicolee   
Sat Aug 26 2017, 01:13pm
Member No: #3249
Hello all , im Lee have a Citroen c5 tourer exclusive 2009 just now , had French cars for years ...Bx's , Xantias , Zara , old shape c5 , peugeot 405 , 406 , 607 all diesels ....dont do that nasty smelly petrol stuff had a 55 plate audi a8 4.2 diesel before the current c5( first german car ive owned ) , had it 2 years ....just never got on with it ....to clinical it never grew on me so sold it .

Im vehicle technician mainly in the diagnostic field but do all the other stuff aswell ...do all models , been a tech for 32 years now a still enjoy it .
I keep having a look at these c6's , there just so different ..... thats Citroen for you ...they dare to be different instead of following along like the sheep .

I into motorbikes aswell in my free time , just road riding , i have a couple of Ducatis , i will be watching the posts and asking questions no dought .

Thanks for reading
Lee
Trainman   
Sat Aug 26 2017, 02:08pm

Member No: #86
Lee,

to the madhouse, I'm not to far from you up in Preston, but I work in Warrington, and occasionally Wigan and Runcorn too.

Like you I have a C5 Tourer as well as my C6
e3steve   
Sun Aug 27 2017, 10:05am
Member No: #1163
e3steve   
Sun Aug 27 2017, 10:07am
Member No: #1163
Welcome to the terror-zone, Lee.

There are several C6s for sale in the UK, varying wildly in price, sometimes amusingly-so, at all different levels of luxury and power train. As a range, C6's dwindling population of UK rhd cars is currently reported to be circa six hundred-ish, the rarest beast being the beautiful and much-improved 3.0HDi V6 Exclusive, of which there are around thirty in number. Next in the rarity stakes would be, I'd say, the amazingly economical 2.2HDi manual, of which some are base-models-with-options.

There's a few 3.0 V6 petrols out there, and some have had the (quite expensive and boot-space-occupying) LPG conversion, but if you can stomach 20mpg the 3-litre is reputed to be a lively performer and serenely quiet, if lacking a bit in in the torque range when compared to the 2.7HDi.

The rest are 2.7HDi automatics, with the Toyota/Aisin-Warner AM6 gearbox, and are either half-leather Lignages (with or without options: Navidrive, JBL Sound System, Full Leather, Lounge Pack) or Exclusives -- the most common, it seems -- which are 'fully loaded' with all the toys.

Very few have the sunroof option. It's been said that sunroof models should be avoided, but I'm certain that if I had that (lovely) option on either of mine, I could cure its reported-and-unfortunate-self-opening-in-the-rain habit!

VED tax-banding can be a bit of a minefield:
  • 3-litre petrol is Band M, currently £535 pa.
  • 2.7s are Band L, £525 pa, unless you're lucky enough to stumble across either a 3-litre petrol or a 2.7HDi from 2006 (like mine ) which was registered before March 23rd; then it's Band K, £305!
  • Next is the 3.0HDi, Band J, now £280; then,
  • the 2.2 cars - Auto, also Band J, and Manual, Band H, at £220.

C6 is a way of life, and not for the faint-hearted, but as a Tech you have a head start! The 2.7 can be a needy engine, maintenance-wise, as is the entire car itself, come 80k-miles or so. A pattern has emerged, it appears, whereby 80-90,000 seems to reveal a high degree of menopausal issues; plenty of threads on here, so I hope you enjoy techie-reading!

Try to avoid overpriced Lignage-spec C6s, irrespective of which optional upgrades they left the factory with. Yes, essentially, a Lignage with every option is, fundamentally, an Exclusive; but when it's time to sell it it's still a Lignage... Buy wisely and with eyes wide open.

So remember that a C6 is for life, not just for Christmas! If you're gonna get involved, be prepared to be in for the long haul; and don't make it your sole mode of transport. C6 was, and still is, a statement. Citroën themselves made it just that, and they knew that it wouldn't ever make inroads into the sheep-like badge-snobbery-dominated market of the German marques.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club