Charging and steering- serious problems

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
321dave   
Mon Aug 14 2017, 11:03am
Member No: #614
Tjensen wrote ...

Thanks for good advice ! Is the water outlet tank the same as 2,7 ? I have talked to the local dealer and they have ordered the necessary parts for generator, aux belt, water pump, timing belt and acessories, but not the water outlet tank. Is it the same as the thermostat housing ?

Hi TJ, no that's the one sitting on top under the big air attachments. It's what e3steve says is near the alternator. It's bolted beside the turbo on the side of the engine.

Definitely replace that as well. Then make a note of the date and calculate your own service interval from that time. Very dangerous part!!!
Tjensen   
Mon Aug 14 2017, 12:25pm
Member No: #954
Thanks again !!! They have little C6 experience at the local dealership and need som input. Can anyone confirm the part no of INLET tank for the hdi 3, 0 ? (searching in downloads). Generator fram Valeo arrived and have all the right numbers (at 1/5 of Norw Citroen price !)But it is very hard to turn by hand, I was expecting smooth and free turning....
Tjensen   
Mon Aug 14 2017, 01:10pm
Thanks again !! I have searched and find the same part no 1336 Y2 for the 3,0 Hdi engine and will ask this to be changed as well
321dave   
Mon Aug 14 2017, 01:19pm
Member No: #614
Tjensen wrote ...

Thanks again !! I have searched and find the same part no 1336 Y2 for the 3,0 Hdi engine and will ask this to be changed as well

Ah very good! If you get a chance could you post a picture of the state of the part for the forum. Many thanks TJ. Dave.
vaho   
Mon Aug 14 2017, 01:38pm
Member No: #2228
Yes the correct term is water inlet tank and the part number is the same for 3.0 HDI, just looked it up from Citroen Service.

Tjensen   
Mon Aug 14 2017, 02:27pm
(4th attempt to write this answer, sorry if the system suddenly release all of them....)

Thanks for a lot of good advice !

Intake tank: Seem to be the same part for the 3.0 Hdi, 1336 Y2, so this is also ordered.
New alternator arrived, Valeo 230 A with all the right numbers on and 1/5 of Norw Citroen price. (this one is made in France, handled be a comapny in Denmark and sold by a German company, to Norway !) But it is very difficult to turn by hand. I thought it should move freely on nice new bearings. Something wrong ?
Cisco   
Mon Aug 14 2017, 04:36pm
Member No: #1429
Hi again,

This is just a guess, however, from reading on here, I believe the 3.0hdi is supplied with an "intelligent" alternator which requires no engine load if the electrical system is fully charged.

If this is the case then perhaps when it is connected and sees 12v from the system some sort of internal clutch frees it off (similar to an ac comp?).

Take it to a good auto electrician for real advice and let us know
Tjensen   
Mon Aug 14 2017, 07:12pm
Good theory !! It is in fact a "piloted" device that is idle (12,7 V) when car is not braking or no extra electricity is needed. And 14V when braking or if needed. I think this is regulated fram the car computer, and that the alternator is just an "ordinary" one at 230 A and with a simple freewheel. But I still cannot see why it seem to be stucked. Will take it to someone competent today. (Yes, they looked at at for 10 sec and found a missing spacer. Hopefully fixed tomorrow)
cruiserphil   
Tue Aug 15 2017, 06:52pm

Member No: #38
Tjensen,

Missing spacer?? Let us know more when you find out? I have replaced the freewheel pulley on our 3.0HDi alternator and it is not straightforward!!. I have photos and a story compiled (in my head) but just haven't had the time to post yet.

Best regards,

Phil C.
Tjensen   
Mon Aug 21 2017, 08:45pm
Spot on , Cruiser....! Took it to a local shop and they found the problem: missing spacer, right away ! Got a new one today and will return the other. This one is turning nice and free. The first was sourced from Denmark, the other from Poland, but both had the right numbers and both via the German dealer, and both labelled "made in France". But the Citroen dealer use more time to get the other standard parts (water pump, belts) from France, so still a week until they actually work on my car. Trying to find a source for the freewhel so the one in the car can be repaired and be kept as spare.
Tjensen   
Sun Oct 01 2017, 06:44pm
To sum up: New alternator, water pump, both belts, both tensioners, all rollers the inlet tank /1336Y2/ . at 130 000 km. An then: after driving 2000 km the aux belt went off again, due to sloppy fastening of the main bolt. Car again at the garage , waiting for parts from France....
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club