Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

greetings from Leeds West Yorks

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Declan1962   
Thu Aug 17 2017, 07:34am
Member No: #3242
Hi
Just purchased a 2007 C6 2.7 exclusive.

I saw it at a local dealers and spent 2 days trying not to buy it with little success...
It is now on the drive. Am I mad??. Citroens and me have a bit of history which has been love/hate mostly. I bought a CX series 1 in 2005 on ebay...from Toulon and flew out and drove back to Leeds. I was prepared for an adventure...and got one in the guise of 4 breakdowns. I also had a BX which blew pipes as often as a Scottish piper...The last Citroen I owned was Xsara...1.9d. Apart from being overtaken by mobility scooters it was a bulletproof bore. The heart won out with the C6...After I collected it I drove back to my house feeling special...especially alongside BMW X5's et al. I felt rather smug. I've woken up this morning feeling like the bloke who was out last night, had too much to drink, pulled a fantastic looking women and is wondering how the wedding ring got on his finger. She's demanding a timing belt straight away and a yearly tax contribution of mammoth proportions, and I haven't yet made an demands for any thrills...
As I look at the beauty next to me...the answer is yes I am mad...but equally I'm the owner of a true icon and the last Citroen of its line.
Declan
Leeds
PS If anyone can advise on cost of timing belt I would appreciate it.
ul9601   
Thu Aug 17 2017, 09:11am
Member No: #1975
Welcome - yes C6 is a beautiful car indeed.
You'll get better responses if you post tech-ish questions in "the garage" forum. Also the search tool (although I find it comes back with too many hits) should be the first port of call, a lot of issues have been covered over and over.
Have a look at this thread down the bottom. You UK lot has (or had) it good for sub GBP300 for cam belt work.
Trainman   
Thu Aug 17 2017, 09:19am

Member No: #86
Speak to your local Citroen Dealer, they were doing a fixed price belt replacement. Broach Hill know the C6 and aren't to far from you
C6Dave   
Thu Aug 17 2017, 10:44am

Member No: #1
Declan1962 wrote ...

Hi

I saw it at a local dealers and spent 2 days trying not to buy it with little success...
It is now on the drive. Am I mad??.

I've just bought my 3rd C6 (not all owned at the same time though) so maybe 'madness' is in the air ATM
Website
e3steve   
Fri Aug 18 2017, 06:53am
Member No: #1163
Dave-Retired wrote ...

I've just bought my 3rd C6 (not all owned at the same time though) so maybe 'madness' is in the air ATM
Larf, Dave; not only at your comment, but also at the fact that I've only just spotted your "Monsieur Bibendum" avatar...
e3steve   
Fri Aug 18 2017, 07:42am
Member No: #1163
Declan1962 wrote ...

Hi

It is now on the drive. Am I mad??. Citroens and me have a bit of history which has been love/hate mostly. I bought a CX series 1 in 2005 on ebay...from Toulon and flew out and drove back to Leeds. I was prepared for an adventure...and got one in the guise of 4 breakdowns. I also had a BX which blew pipes as often as a Scottish piper...The last Citroen I owned was Xsara...1.9d. Apart from being overtaken by mobility scooters it was a bulletproof bore. The heart won out with the C6...After I collected it I drove back to my house feeling special...especially alongside BMW X5's et al. I felt rather smug. I've woken up this morning feeling like the bloke who was out last night, had too much to drink, pulled a fantastic looking women and is wondering how the wedding ring got on his finger. She's demanding a timing belt straight away and a yearly tax contribution of mammoth proportions, and I haven't yet made an demands for any thrills...
As I look at the beauty next to me...the answer is yes I am mad...but equally I'm the owner of a true icon and the last Citroen of its line.
Declan
Leeds
PS If anyone can advise on cost of timing belt I would appreciate it.

Declan! You're in for a bumpy ride in one of the world's most comfortable cars since the CX! I hope you have either, a) deep pockets, or, b) lots of time, tools and patience...

Off-Subject: I'm surprised at your rotten luck with BXs; I had six, all secondhand and high-miles, in fairly quick succession and over about six years. My only issues were:

Two new rear spheres on the 8-yr-old 16RS

A set of glowplugs, come winter '96, on the 10-yr-old 19D

A main accumulator HP cupro-nickel pipe (it chafed because a coolant hose was rubbing across it for years, and it pinholed; my late wife thought I was trying to do away with her, as the brakes, suspension & steering just 'went'!), on the 10-yr-old 19RD Auto

I never had a single issue with either of the 17D Turbos or the 19TRS...
C6Dave   
Fri Aug 18 2017, 11:27am

Member No: #1
Trainman wrote ...

Speak to your local Citroen Dealer, they were doing a fixed price belt replacement. Broach Hill know the C6 and aren't to far from you

Ray Calvert - Click Here - in Bradford is maybe nearer than Broach Hill to Leeds and he has had some C6's to look after as well so a couple of 'local' options are available to Declan.
Website
PHaTGRoB   
Sat Aug 26 2017, 05:23pm
Member No: #994
I've just been quoted almost £900 from Citroen Wrexham for a timing belt and tensioner change! They said that the Citroen fixed price offer doesn't apply to the V6 diesels. Off to an independent on Monday and that's still 600-ish quid.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club