C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

screen on c6 navdrive blank in places

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
whiskdabs   
Thu Jul 20 2017, 11:04am
Member No: #2977
Can any one help me my screen on my c6 2.7 auto 2009 has 2 blank strips but rest of screen still showing. as i can not read the time on right side of screen or in middle. do i need another screen or system if any one can help please let me know
m3mpower   
Sat Jul 29 2017, 09:12pm
Member No: #662
whiskdabs wrote ...

Can any one help me my screen on my c6 2.7 auto 2009 has 2 blank strips but rest of screen still showing. as i can not read the time on right side of screen or in middle. do i need another screen or system if any one can help please let me know

Hi

What i would do is change the LVDS cable, that connects the RT4 ( i presume it's RT4 if you say 2009 ) then if it's the same, you should change the display

Website
whiskdabs   
Sun Aug 06 2017, 07:04am
Hi thank you for them 2 options regarding LVDS cable on my RT4 screen.
Could you please tell me how to take the unit out and could i replace it through your help.I have tried to download a manual to see how to do this but unfort this i can not do as certain soft ware needed on my computer.I would be willing to bring car to your selfs if this would help me.
e3steve   
Sun Aug 06 2017, 01:55pm
Member No: #1163
There's a hole each side of the radio fascia. Insert a (slender) Torx T10 driver and undo the screws; the unit then just slides out.
m3mpower   
Sun Aug 06 2017, 05:47pm
whiskdabs wrote ...

Hi thank you for them 2 options regarding LVDS cable on my RT4 screen.
Could you please tell me how to take the unit out and could i replace it through your help.I have tried to download a manual to see how to do this but unfort this i can not do as certain soft ware needed on my computer.I would be willing to bring car to your selfs if this would help me.

Hi
You will need to remove the headunit as described by e3steve in the previous post.
You also need to remove the display fascia.
see the photos attached.

Website
whiskdabs   
Sun Aug 13 2017, 01:18pm
HI all a big thank-you for coming back and explaining what i have to do then could you please tell me then do i send the cable and unit to Magneti for repair or do they do a a recondition one.I do very much appreciate all of your help.
Also is the car off the road while i wait for new unit until to arrive as this is my my car for work as use it all the time i love the car that much.
m3mpower   
Sun Aug 13 2017, 02:57pm
What you need to do is order a new cable from Citroen, the part number is 6593 19.
Then replace the old cable with this new cable and test the system, if the display works OK, you throw away the old cable and refit everything as it was.
If the display still doesn't work as it should, then you'll need a screen replacement.
You don't need to send anything to Magneti.
Website
321dave   
Mon Aug 14 2017, 01:26pm
Member No: #614
m3mpower wrote ...

What you need to do is order a new cable from Citroen, the part number is 6593 19.
Then replace the old cable with this new cable and test the system, if the display works OK, you throw away the old cable and refit everything as it was.
If the display still doesn't work as it should, then you'll need a screen replacement.
You don't need to send anything to Magneti.

Hi M3mpower,
How much would it cost roughly to convert the RT3 system to RT4?
m3mpower   
Mon Aug 14 2017, 03:19pm
Hi
This depends of what accessories you will need, also whether your C6 has amplifier or not...
Send me by PM your car's chassis number and indicate if you need full kit.
Website
whiskdabs   
Tue Aug 15 2017, 05:00pm
HI All i do thank every one who has helped me in sorting out my problem as my car is i have checked on date and yes it was first date of registration 01-09-2009 stating on v5c 2720c but i do not have lounge pack.
I will order cable 6593 19 from Citroen and as all of you have helped will connect and let you know outcome. I do thank every one as the car is fantastic also can any one tell me when cam belt should be changed
Car has done now 110.000
C6Dave   
Tue Aug 15 2017, 05:58pm

Member No: #1
whiskdabs wrote ...

I do thank every one as the car is fantastic also can any one tell me when cam belt should be changed
Car has done now 110.000

Err on the side of caution and use the 'Arduous Conditions' ( - Click Here - ) schedule and timing belt changes come at 112,500 mile or 10 years whichever is sooner.

Citroen 'Fixed Price Repairs' - Click Here - will get it done for £295 and you will get a guarentee on the parts and labour
Website
jamescarruthers   
Tue Aug 15 2017, 08:25pm
Member No: #1548
Dave-Retired wrote ...

whiskdabs wrote ...

I do thank every one as the car is fantastic also can any one tell me when cam belt should be changed
Car has done now 110.000

Err on the side of caution and use the 'Arduous Conditions' ( - Click Here - ) schedule and timing belt changes come at 112,500 mile or 10 years whichever is sooner.

Citroen 'Fixed Price Repairs' - Click Here - will get it done for £295 and you will get a guarentee on the parts and labour

Unfortunately both my local dealers (Marshall of Cambridge and Duxford) refused to honour this deal for the C6. Marshall's were rude about it, Duxford were appologetic.

How on earth can a car coming up for its first cambelt change (based on time) be considered too old for the deal to be valid. Not much annoys me like unfairness, but that is what this is.

Good luck if you do get yours done at your dealership and please share the name of them if they honour their deals.
whiskdabs   
Tue Aug 22 2017, 11:11am
HI all just to let you know I am waiting for a lead as waiting from Citroen cost £13.95 also to have belt fitted by Citroen cost £782.95 including vat.
This is with out water pump.So at present, i will check around as they said it will take 7 hours to do the job. So do anyone knows in Suffolk or Norfolk in the UK who is cheaper or am I going the wrong way.
C6Dave   
Tue Aug 22 2017, 05:38pm

Member No: #1
whiskdabs wrote ...

So do anyone knows in Suffolk or Norfolk in the UK who is cheaper or am I going the wrong way.

Dan at Wolsey House Motors in Diss is worth a phone call.
Website
e3steve   
Tue Aug 22 2017, 09:46pm
Member No: #1163
Dave-Retired wrote ...

whiskdabs wrote ...

So do anyone knows in Suffolk or Norfolk in the UK who is cheaper or am I going the wrong way.

Dan at Wolsey House Motors in Diss is worth a phone call.

If he has the time, Dave! Very busy guy...
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club