Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Car Care and Maintenance Tips

Rust Proofing?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
C6Dave   
Fri Aug 11 2017, 01:56pm

Member No: #1
The C6 I have just aquired has had the coolant and hydraulic pipes checked, replaced where required and rustproofed (Citroen should really have done that at the factory)

Now at 10 years on from build date whilst there is no sign of any paint/rust issues on the doors etc. I'm wondering if it would be wise to inject the doors, inner sills etc. with a rust proofing agent (my preference would be Bilt Hamber Dynax S50 )

Why I'm considering it is that Dan at Wolsey House has done the lower outer sills as he says they start to show signs of rusting where the car has been lifted over the years.

It would only take a couple of the aerosol cans which have the long injection hose on them (I used them on the Traction Avant)

Anyone got any thoughts on this, positive or negative?
Website
e3steve   
Sat Aug 12 2017, 08:13am
Member No: #1163
Dan uses Finnegan's Waxoyl, I understand. He did the same preventive pre-sale maintenance on mine. Robert thought she was leaking something, when he had her up on the ramp!

I do like Bilt 'amber's s h i t e, meself! (trying to write in my best Geordie accent... )
Tjensen   
Sat Aug 12 2017, 09:35am
Member No: #954
The C6 might be Ok constructed in the rust-safety area, but there are a lot of small details (screws, nuts, joints etc) that are very exposed to rust, and wax or lanolin treatment and inspection with a spraybox in your hand is necessary. (I thought this might be the famous Citroen sloppyness until I saw my friend Toyota Landcruiser, same thing there). My 6 had a general treatment on arrival to Norway in 2012 anda is now in que for a new treatment. And I spend some time with spraybox in hand...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club