Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

Me again with another C6 and the usual niggles.... But now gone.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
C6Dave   
Wed Aug 09 2017, 06:42pm

Member No: #1
As Britney sang "Oops I did It Again"

I originally went to look at a 3.0 HDi Hydractive 3 C5, but it was parked amongst several C6's so no contest....

No offence to anyone on site selling a C6 but my criteria included auto gearbox and a black interior as I don't like the dashboard reflection from the light one as well as all the usual issues having been dealt with plus I wanted a V6 not a 4 cylinder 2.2

It's been having some TLC for all the usual issues before I picked it up yesterday... so the car has had: 12 months ago, Thermostat housing changed, 1 leaking strut replaced.

Its also got Full dealer Service History (I know that doesn't mean much in our world....)

Pre collection by me from Dan at Wolsey House Motors in Diss it's had new brakes, wheels powder coated with new tyres (OK budget ones but they'll do for now), coolant pipes checked and replaced where required, hydraulic pipes cleaned and rust proofed plus a new rear RGR valve.

As a bonus, it had the gearbox overhauled as the previous owner confirmed to me on the telephone tonight.

Oh and it came fully serviced, including the Air Con system and a new MOT.

It won't be used as an everyday car, but what it was designed for as a long distance tourer on trips to France, Italy etc.

Oh and I'm not coming back to run the site, Steve and David are doing a fine job of that
Website
FraserG   
Wed Aug 09 2017, 09:21pm
Member No: #2011
Looks great Dave,

In New Zealand the light coloured beige leather apolstery is perfect. Sitting on a black leather seat in summer soon cures you of wanting dark coloured seats. I personally love the light and airy feeling the interior of my C6 gives and it certainly looks special.

Cheers Fraser
ul9601   
Wed Aug 09 2017, 09:32pm
Member No: #1975
I agree with Dave re: dash reflection with cream interiors. IF (a big if) the upholstery was well maintained from the beginning, cream is nice - I'm convinced that mine once belonged to a lazy coal miner, given the amount of black stain everywhere, especially the seat belts.

What's up with the black roof and pillars though? I'm not totally sold on that two tone paint scheme...
C6Dave   
Thu Aug 10 2017, 06:39am

ul9601 wrote ...

I agree with Dave re: dash reflection with cream interiors. IF (a big if) the upholstery was well maintained from the beginning, cream is nice - I'm convinced that mine once belonged to a lazy coal miner, given the amount of black stain everywhere, especially the seat belts.

When looking around I didn't see any cars with the Wabis interior that didn't show signs of wear on the drivers seat bolster. Yes they can be recoloured but the interior does require higher maintenance than the black leather does.

It's not only the C6 that suffers from drivers seat bolster wear, Jaguars with cream interiors do as well, often more so than the C6.

No idea why that should be though, maybe it's down to a different treatment for the actual leather in the tanning process?
Website
C6Dave   
Thu Aug 10 2017, 06:24pm

ul9601 wrote ...

What's up with the black roof and pillars though? I'm not totally sold on that two tone paint scheme...

Yes it looks different, Citroen actually did a 'Special Edition' in White with a Black roof and the Silver/Black is a bit more subtle.

Anyway take a look at it now it's home and cleaned and see how you feel about it.

There are a lot more stone chips at the front than I originally thought, however it is 9 years old and they are mainly on the plastics so not a real issue with the car staying outside and not garaged, plus it's going on some long motorway runs so no doubt the stone chips will increase
Website
FraserG   
Thu Aug 10 2017, 10:32pm
Member No: #2011
I think it looks great with the black roof. It would be better still with a panoramic sunroof - I'm not sure what the correct naming is. I have seen one in pictures with the full glass roof.
vaho   
Fri Aug 11 2017, 05:50am
Member No: #2228
I like the silver-black color scheme a lot. It is true that Citroen presented a white-black car and it is stunning also:

cruiserphil   
Fri Aug 11 2017, 09:59am

Member No: #38
Lovely looking car Dave, congratulations.
Many happy miles.

Best regards,

Phil C.
C6Dave   
Fri Aug 11 2017, 05:46pm

Found the RT4 was still running firmware 8.2 and the maps were 2006/2007 version.....

Found out (I had forgotten) how long it takes to actually update the system today

But Firmware, maps I'm likely to need in the foreseeable future and safety cams are now up to date.

Are the 2017/18 map updates released in October/November?
Website
Hattershaun   
Fri Aug 11 2017, 08:00pm
Member No: #320
I have the 2016/2017 maps and 8.31 software for RT4. Happy to lend them, maybe at a car rally.
They were only £20 off eBay.
C6Dave   
Sat Aug 12 2017, 07:13am

Hattershaun wrote ...

I have the 2016/2017 maps and 8.31 software for RT4. Happy to lend them, maybe at a car rally.
They were only £20 off eBay.

I did the same Shaun, bought a set off eBay. Will keep an eye out for when the 2017/18 set come out as we have a long EU trip planned for next year.
Website
eduardomaio   
Sat Aug 12 2017, 02:23pm
Member No: #869
Dave, welcome back!

The two-tone paint sure makes it stand apart.

Dave-Retired wrote ...

Seems the front bumper was resprayed in the wrong shade of gray, or maybe is just the light
Website
C6Dave   
Sat Aug 12 2017, 02:41pm

eduardomaio wrote ...

Dave, welcome back!

Seems the front bumper was resprayed in the wrong shade of gray, or maybe is just the light

No it's just the light. The bumper actually needs painting to eradicate the stone chips......
Website
e3steve   
Sat Aug 12 2017, 04:50pm
Member No: #1163
Dave-Retired wrote ...

eduardomaio wrote ...

Dave, welcome back!

No it's just the light. The bumper actually needs painting to eradicate the stone chips......
Both bumpers on most C6s, being plastic (covers), always look a different shade in photographs if one looks closely. At least, that's what I've noticed.

The colour difference is less obvious 'in the flesh'.

I missed out on buying Shaun's lovely silver-with-cream 3.0HDi for two reasons: 1. The bumpers looked off-colour (only in photos, it seems) and, 2. It was the 'wrong time' for me, financially, without borrowing the dosh. In hindsight, I wish I'd ignored 1 and followed my heart with 2! Not that I'm at all dissatisfied with the '3' that I ended up with from Wolsey House Motors; she's lovely, and I do like Abyssal Blue. But that Arctic Steel / Wadibis (not Wadabis, according to the labels I've found on some of my trim panels!) is just a lovely combo!!
C6Dave   
Fri Oct 06 2017, 07:48pm

Well so far had a couple of minor niggles as posted elsewhere e.g weird sat naff behaviour and the car not wanting to switch to KPH display until this morning when leaving the Loire.

Engine Management light came on with a 'Repair Required' message which is just what you want to see 750 miles from home....

Quick check of the on board fault log showed 'depollution system faulty' so ignored it and drove up to Normandy with no problems (apart from potentially polluting the French countryside and as a lot of it is empty I didn't worry to much about it......)

Before I bought the car the rear EGR was changed because of an engine management light issue and over the past couple of weeks when cold the engine, when pulling away did make a few noises which sounded like a 'flap' opening and closing..... didn't notice that noise today!

600 miles to go over the next 3 days before I get home (but I have EU wide recovery if things get worse....)

Must order a Lexia so I can see what the issue actually is though
Website
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club