Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Remote key fob only works when close to the car?!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
nevefresca   
Tue Aug 08 2017, 05:27pm
Member No: #895
Changed the batteries in both of my key fobs the other day and reinitialised them and both working. However, I have to be so close to the drivers door now, before the car unlocks and locks, etc.

Why has this happened, how do I correct it, as the fobs both worked at a distance from the car, before, I changed the batteries.

Have looked on You Tube and nothing really is useful on there!

Does anyone have the correct solution, thanks.
e3steve   
Wed Aug 09 2017, 08:10am
Member No: #1163
That's an odd one. I've never actually known the remotes to be temperamental in such a way, although one of mine did go through a phase of not working at all, even with a new battery; then, suddenly, all is well again.

Is it in just one (geo)location that you've tried using the fob? I ask this as there could be external influences 'blocking' the RF signal. It only takes a small level of RF power at 433mHz (or a higher level of a harmonic of the carrier frequency) in order to reduce the effective range of any fob using that band. If it's not working as it did before, all over the place, then the receiver / antenna could probably be the culprit.

Also, try placing the fob against your skull and then press the button. No, it's not a joke! Yes, it does work (to extend the range)!!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club