C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

ABS / Handbrake faults - an easy fix

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
CitroenCrazy   
Sat Aug 05 2017, 08:49pm
Member No: #443
Notwithstanding my earlier post about DiagBox resetting the time and date, for once, maintenance of a big Citroen has proved remarkably easy and satisfying. And I say that with 30 years experience of driving them.

Heading to work in the week, I was just thinking to myself how much I love this car, when 2 minutes later, the dashboard lit up with ABS / ESP / handbrake faults.

Got to work, handbrake was on strike, and no better when I left for home. Oh dear, another saga begins.......

But no, plug in diagnostic computer - front right ABS sensor, permanent failure.
Bought a new one, not expensive at GBP 41.

Set out to fit it this afternoon, between downpours, and it's the easiest thing in the world. Undo two screws and a plastic plug and it's done.
reset the faults with Diagbox and the car's 100% back to normal.
Having done it once, I could do it again in what, 10 to 15 minutes ?
Well done Citroen !

Hattershaun   
Sun Aug 06 2017, 06:13am
Member No: #320
Wait until you need to change a rear sensor!
CitroenCrazy   
Sun Aug 06 2017, 01:34pm
Member No: #443
Thanks Shaun

At least, if / when that eventuality arises, I will have more faith in the accuracy of the disgnostics. I know all about the trivial task of dropping the fuel tank .......
C6Chester   
Tue Sep 11 2018, 10:21am
Member No: #2287
Does anyone know how much a garage should charge to replace the dreaded rear ABS sensor?
MGmike   
Tue Sep 11 2018, 04:58pm
Member No: #3151
C6Chester wrote ...

Does anyone know how much a garage should charge to replace the dreaded rear ABS sensor?

Lots

It's not all that difficult if everything comes undone (big if!). I would say max 2hrs but make sure the tank is almost empty before you take it in.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club