C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Diagbox resets time & date ?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
CitroenCrazy   
Sat Aug 05 2017, 12:29pm
Member No: #443
Just a quick one; I've been playing with Diagbox, I think it's version 7.0 ish.

It seems to work ok. I was worried it wouldn't work with the clone interface I've had for years, but it talks to the car ok. The weird thing is, every time I connect it, the time & date get reset to 12:00 1/1/2003 and I think it makes the car forget a couple of other things too, eg the nearside mirror reverse position.

Is this normal ?
eduardomaio   
Sat Aug 05 2017, 08:28pm
Member No: #869
Not at all. Try using Lexia and see if you have the same issue
Website
CitroenCrazy   
Sat Aug 05 2017, 08:34pm
Member No: #443
Ahh, Lexia doesn't work so well. Laptop is Windows 7 64 bit. Besides, I like the DiagBox interface; it shows the benefit of a few years development.

PS, nice to get a reply from Lisbon !
We've just booked a weekend break, almost 25 years after spending our honeymoon there.
HiPOL   
Sat Aug 05 2017, 10:22pm
Member No: #2699
CitroenCrazy wrote ...

The weird thing is, every time I connect it, the time & date get reset to 12:00 1/1/2003 and I think it makes the car forget a couple of other things too, eg the nearside mirror reverse position.

Is this normal ?

Probably it is not normal, but i have it too. Happens in other PSA cars as well.
eduardomaio   
Sun Aug 06 2017, 12:34pm
Member No: #869
I'm running Lexia on a Windows 10 laptop, with VMware Player i'm running a Windows XP virtual machine with no network or exterior access. Works great.

Diagbox does look better, the only thing that annoys me is that I haven't yet found a way to cleanup the error journal (not sure of the exact name in english). Even when I bring the car back from the dealer, and they use Diagbox now, if I hookup Lexia I still get errors there like when the battery is reconnected a new error is logged but is not associated with BSI or any other system.

Have fun in Lisbon, the weather has not been great this summer, temperatures are at 30º, and too much wind. Also I have never seen so many tourists at this time of the year so might be a bit more crowded than 25 years ago.
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club