C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

Hello From Plymouth

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Ghostrider   
Sat Jul 22 2017, 08:25pm
Member No: #3219
I am about to return to the world of Citroens after a 9 year break from my exclusively Citroen ownership of over 30 years. Previous member of the CCC, A&D Citroen forum and Aussie Frogs.

The C6 seems to be a worthy successor to previous big Citroens.What do other members think?

I initially wanted another DS and finally found a lovely 23 EFi Pallas, but sadly when I sat in it, it didn't grab me as it did all those years ago, beautiful, Uniquely French and possibly the best looking car they ever made, but not for me.

In the past I have owned 2CVs, GS/GSA, DS, BX, Xantia and my all time favourite the CX, We had an original 1977 2400 pallas, 2.5 Ie, Athena and finally a Gti Turbo 2, which was for me the ultimate Citroen, a Grand Tourer in the truest sense of the word and very, very fast. But finding a RHD rust free one at a price I can afford has been nearly impossible.

I was about to abandon the idea of another hydraulic Citroen when I saw the C6, not quite as elegant as the DS or CX, but very clearly a Citroen with some great features and I was intrigued by the Hyractive 3+ system, having experienced the Hyractive 2 on one of my Xantias whose handling for such a big car was impressive.

So should I buy a C6 or continue what looks to be an increasingly futile search for a CX?

Thanks in advance for any opinions! Peter

ul9601   
Sat Jul 22 2017, 10:40pm
Member No: #1975
I'm curious to know if you are limiting your search within the UK...
Hattershaun   
Sun Jul 23 2017, 09:22am
Member No: #320
I think you'll like the C6 a great deal, especially so, given the list of Citroens you've previously owned.
Trainman   
Sun Jul 23 2017, 12:21pm

Member No: #86
Peter.

Like Shaun, I think you'll enjoy the C6
Ghostrider   
Sun Jul 23 2017, 02:28pm
Member No: #3219
Hi Thanks for the input to everyone!
U19601, yes I've only looked in the UK for a C6, but also looked in Europe for the CX, but nearly all of the CXs there are LHD, which I don't really want, strange really as I was happy to consider LHD DSs
e3steve   
Sun Jul 23 2017, 09:17pm
Member No: #1163
Welcome, Peter. As you know, there's no escape from Citroënism!

My 2.7 could be up for grabs. It's one of the rarer 2.7s within the Group K VED (£295/pa). I'm just about to replace its fourth ABS sensor (o/s/r); the fronts were replaced a couple of years ago, and the n/s/r was last September. I stupidly only had one, when I was in France at the outlaws', because I tried cutting & grafting one of the pair that I bought! I now have to drop the fuel tank (again!) to replace the second rear one, but I'm not fazed by that anymore.

I've spared no expense on maintenance.

I'll put a brief write-up in 'C6s For Sale' soon...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club