Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
whiskdabs   
Sat Sep 09 2017, 06:19pm
Member No: #2977
m3mpower wrote ...

whiskdabs wrote ...

Hi thank you for them 2 options regarding LVDS cable on my RT4 screen.
Could you please tell me how to take the unit out and could i replace it through your help.I have tried to download a manual to see how to do this but unfort this i can not do as certain soft ware needed on my computer.I would be willing to bring car to your selfs if this would help me.

Hi
You will need to remove the headunit as described by e3steve in the previous post.
You also need to remove the display fascia.
see the photos attached.

whiskdabs   
Sat Sep 09 2017, 06:31pm
On receiving cable I found my unit was an RT3 in 2009 C6
so the cable I hope will fit as new cable is an RT4 also how do I take out cable from the back of face once prized away from the screen.
I thank you for any help I can receive.
whiskdabs   
Sun Sep 10 2017, 12:29pm
Hi, could any one tell me how to remove the connection from face once I have this be -attached from screen drivers side I have the unit out and cable exposed but another end not sure how to take old one out. Also just found out that my unit is an RT3 but the car is 2009.I have tried You Tube but to no avail.
m3mpower   
Tue Sep 12 2017, 08:37am
Member No: #662
Hi

Just disconnect the old cable from the screen and the main unit.
You don't really have to remove it completely for now.
Connect the new cable to both the headunit and the screen, and do a test, if the problem persists then the problem is the screen, if the problem goes away, then you need to remove the old cable by sliding it out of the dash, and insert the new cable and fit it properly
Website
whiskdabs   
Tue Sep 12 2017, 11:15am
HI thank-you for coming back so soon but could you please tell me is the cable attached to screen or the piece that comes away with the buttons and the cable is to the side being drivers side (UK). As I could not see cable behind the screen.
Sorry if I am being slightly backward. But do appreciate your help very much.

Thank-you
Dave
m3mpower   
Tue Sep 12 2017, 11:18am
Member No: #662
the cable is obviously connected to the screen, same way as it is connected to the main unit
Website
whiskdabs   
Wed Oct 11 2017, 01:32pm
Hi
All just an update I have been in contact with Karim (m3mpower) as sent money for Nav screen for my C6 but unfortunately Karim has not been able to obtain another screen as only could get some with scratches on. I have decided now to keep old screen with the 2 strips which are blank and if anyone knows of a screen going please let me know as I have seen one on eBay but are relucted to purchase if the screen is scratched.Karim has kindly said he will return my money.
Its a pity but the car goes so well and I have asked Dan in Diss but have received no reply so hence go no further.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club