C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Reddish Fluid Spotted Pooled under Driver's Door

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Bishop   
Tue Jul 11 2017, 10:55am
Member No: #868
I noticed a dinner plate sized pool of fluid sticking out from under my car, just under the rear edge of the driver's door. Putting my hand in said patch (which is semi-dried up), the liquid seems slightly sticky to the touch and reddish in hue. Looking up at the under-side of the car, there appear to be some drainage holes exiting from the sill just above said pool of liquid. Any ideas what could be the cause?
321dave   
Tue Jul 11 2017, 05:13pm
Member No: #614
Bishop wrote ...

I noticed a dinner plate sized pool of fluid sticking out from under my car, just under the rear edge of the driver's door. Putting my hand in said patch (which is semi-dried up), the liquid seems slightly sticky to the touch and reddish in hue. Looking up at the under-side of the car, there appear to be some drainage holes exiting from the sill just above said pool of liquid. Any ideas what could be the cause?

Hi Bishop, I'm thinking your not very far away from the hydraulic pipe that can leak under the LDS tank. Just maybe if your handy you could take of the front drivers side wheel away for a better look for more fluid. Worth a try. It might be the start of a bigger
leak.
Bishop   
Wed Jul 12 2017, 01:54pm
Member No: #868
Thanks, Dave, I'll have a closer look. Feels like a trip to BL Autos will be imminent.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club