C6 Problems help needed

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
curci   
Tue Jul 11 2017, 08:22am
Member No: #2733
Hello everybody,

I am from Slovenia and owner of 2006 C6 for few years now. I cannot say how much I enjoy this car on long trips 1200km in a day it is really a top end car and I previously drove C5 and BMW. But I have quite a lot of problems with the car I would like to hear your advise of what could cause all this weird problems:

1. Driver window sometimes (once in a week) doesn't close automatically up, somethings window switch is not working at all. (If I am lucky I twist cables between door and body and it works but only occasional).
2. Air con is blowing cold on driver side and warm on passenger side even when booth AC are on same LO temp.
3. Speed cluster has just died few days ago
4. I am got park assistance error at the same time and none of park senors is working (test has shown error on all of them)
5. Seat belt pretension or airbag fault - service light on- but one seatbbelt lock in the back is defective is this the case?

I have changed all cooling hoses before we realized that one fan was defective and duet to this hoses broke each at the time.

I really love this car and would appreciate some advise what to change or if there is common ground for electrical error since they appeared at the same time almost.

br

Uros
Hattershaun   
Tue Jul 11 2017, 09:24am
Member No: #320
Hello Uros,

To answer point 2).
This is most likely a broken heater flap. I changed one recently on my 2.2 C6.
Citroen sell a repair kit containing two flaps (one for each side of the car), part number 6480E3.
In the picture the old broken flap is alongside a new flap - the shaft is now stronger having been reinforced.

There are eBay sellers offering flaps as well as a Citroen dealer. The parts are also used in Peugeots and other Citroen models.

There's another thread on the forum showing how to replace the flap. Official method is to remove the whole dashboard, but you can save time by cutting part of the panel in the footwell, which is then hidden by the centre console.

Good luck with fixing your car.

DiscoBison   
Tue Jul 11 2017, 03:54pm
Member No: #989
I too have a similar issue with my air con not blowing cool on one side. However I am certain, having removed the stepper motors for the heater flaps and moving them manually that the flaps are not broken and have full range of motion. Also, if the outside temp is not too warm I do get cooled air on both sides, but above around 24-25C the drivers side pumps out warm air. Sometimes after driving 10 mins or more it will start to blow cold on the drivers side, but in the recent hot weather it's warm all the time. Adjusting the temperature setting between Hi and Lo shows that the flaps are working as it goes between warm and really burning hot!

I suspect that the evaporator is not uniformly cooling causing the temperature difference. I'm not sure if this is possible or what would cause it? The system was leak checked and recharged three weeks ago.

I do know one my radiator fans is seized and noted in Uros's post that they have a similar problem. I've got a replacement fan motor in the post, but imagine it'll be quite a job to replace. I'm (optimistically) hoping this might help the air con issue, anyone have any thoughts on this?
Norman   
Tue Jul 11 2017, 08:09pm
Member No: #364
When my display failed there were a number of sensor failures and they all started to work after the display was repaired so I would start there.
Ciaran   
Wed Jul 12 2017, 02:02pm
Member No: #3087
DiscoBison wrote ...

I too have a similar issue with my air con not blowing cool on one side. However I am certain, having removed the stepper motors for the heater flaps and moving them manually that the flaps are not broken and have full range of motion. Also, if the outside temp is not too warm I do get cooled air on both sides, but above around 24-25C the drivers side pumps out warm air. Sometimes after driving 10 mins or more it will start to blow cold on the drivers side, but in the recent hot weather it's warm all the time. Adjusting the temperature setting between Hi and Lo shows that the flaps are working as it goes between warm and really burning hot!

I suspect that the evaporator is not uniformly cooling causing the temperature difference. I'm not sure if this is possible or what would cause it? The system was leak checked and recharged three weeks ago.

I do know one my radiator fans is seized and noted in Uros's post that they have a similar problem. I've got a replacement fan motor in the post, but imagine it'll be quite a job to replace. I'm (optimistically) hoping this might help the air con issue, anyone have any thoughts on this?

The aircon adds quite a large heat load to the cooling circuit, even with two functioning fans nevermind just one. Replacing the seized fan certainly won't hurt and you may find the AC issue will go away.
Besides that I would keep an eye on the coolant temp, in the warm weather you might need to cut the aircon if its not keeping the engine cool enough on one fan.
travlician   
Wed Jul 12 2017, 02:16pm
Member No: #350
I have a very small leak in my AC circuit so gas escapes slowly. Tell tale is the passenger side not cooling. I fill with one can at that time (once every 3-4 months) and it start working fine again. So before looking at the flaps, make sure there is enough gas in there.
vaho   
Thu Jul 13 2017, 08:52am
Member No: #2228
About the fans and the replacement. I had also one of them not oprerational/sticking. The replacement is not difficult at all. It requires front bumper removal though which is easy and then you have good access to the fans. The steering oil cooler pipe holding clamps must be unscrewed also (I think there were three bolts, one in the middle and two on each side of the cooler cassette) in order to move the pipe slightly outwards and sliding the fan out. Then there are only electrical connections (two of them).
The fan itself is insanely expensive, new one costing some 300 euros. I managed to get a used one from the dismantled Peugeot 607 for 40 euros. It was even newer than my original so I got lucky.
I had no aircon working issues with one fan not operational. The other one seemed to get the job done just ok. On the other hand I live in a relatively cold climate but we occasionaly do get somewhat hot temperatures around 30 Celsius and more. From what I have heard the main issue with only one fan operational is engine overheating during very hot weather and slow urban driving/standing. It may well be that the aircon faults appear when the same conditions are present, they schould in that case dissapeare though when the conditions change (extra urban driving, cold weather).
Ungarsee   
Thu Jul 13 2017, 09:25am
Member No: #1407
Parking sensor problem could be a broken module. It's in the spare wheel well and when mine went it was because the boot seal was letting in water. This allowed the spare wheel well to flood which knackered the parking sensor module.
vaho   
Thu Jul 13 2017, 12:00pm
Member No: #2228
On thing you can do to check the sensors is to disable the front sensors with Lexia/Diagbox and see if the fault on the dashboard remains present. If not, like in my case, then one or more front sensors are bad. The overall sensor check gave me no faults by the way so I struggled to find out where the actual fault was. After establishing that the rear ones on their own worked I changed all 4 front sensors and the PDC was working again. If the module was exposed to water then this is of course the place to start.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club