Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: Owners Reviews and Road Tests :: C6 owners and drivers reviews

Top Gear review

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
MarkBevan   
Mon Jul 10 2017, 06:38pm
Member No: #3172
I'm sure it has been discussed before on this forum, (couldn't find it via a search though), but the Top Gear review of the C6 was repeated on Dave tonight (no doubt for the umpteenth time).

I remembered the whole filming the horse racing piece, but had forgotten that Clarkson said it cornered rather well and that it ended up in the sub-zero section of the Cool Wall.

In another episode I saw recently, they were discussing what makes a car a future classic. They came up with it needing to be at least two of the following three things: rare, interesting & beautiful. Surely we must have at the very least the first two of those, and us enthusiasts would say all three !
1 User said Thank You to MarkBevan for this Post :
 e3steve (14 July 2017)
C6Chester   
Mon Jul 10 2017, 08:35pm
Member No: #2287
From my personal experience, the C6 is like marmite - when people see mine, they either think it is absolutely beautiful or they think it is absolutely vile - I'm yet to meet somebody who is in between.
FraserG   
Mon Jul 10 2017, 09:05pm
Member No: #2011
I like Marmite.

I have to say that all my friends tell me how wonderful they think my C6 is although I'm sure they would all be far to cautious to own one. Luckily low demand meant that I could get to own one of the seven sold new in New Zealand. There are of course quite a few imported from Japan now second hand but they are pretty much all the 3.0 petrol cars and mine is the 2.7 diesel.
Jas16   
Tue Jul 11 2017, 04:14pm
Member No: #2994
I always get the brave, nice car response. I say brave because they would never consider one. Doesn't bother me.
2 User said Thank You to Jas16 for this Post :
 Ciaran (11 July 2017) , FraserG (11 July 2017)
Ciaran   
Tue Jul 11 2017, 07:07pm
Member No: #3087
I've had nothing but positive comments, ranging from plain 'nice car' to 'Oh wow this is almost Rolls Royce like!' and bewildered 'What is it??' - well used to that one with the XMs.

Occasionally they'll qualify it further, as one commenter did yesterday;
'Wow that's a gorgeous car, what is it?'
'A Citroen C6'
'That's a Citroen.... really??!'

Not met anyone who hates it yet but thats not to say they don't exist.

Seems there's a lot of disbelief that a car like this could possibly come from the same brand that's generally seen as high volume, value for money, middle of the road stuff. It was a bit different with the XM, CX and DS where the rest of the general Citroen range wasn't quite as distanced from the flagship car as it seems to be these days.

2 User said Thank You to Ciaran for this Post :
 321dave (11 July 2017) , FraserG (11 July 2017)
keithc   
Wed Jul 12 2017, 03:58pm
Member No: #2584
I'd a good one recently when I came out of a shop to see two gentlemen admiring my car. One said to me "I knew Citroen could make decent cars, not just the [%*^#@!] they usually sell!"
4 User said Thank You to keithc for this Post :
 Ciaran (12 July 2017) , FraserG (12 July 2017) , cruiserphil (19 July 2017) , eduardomaio (04 November 2017)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club