Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Help needed: Front left drive shaft change procedure.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
olmala   
Sun Jul 09 2017, 07:49pm
Member No: #1919
Hi.
If anyone knows or has technical document on how to remove the front left drive shaft, I'd be pleased.
I have previously removed front left hub to change the CV joint boot but now the inner joint is ratling a bit so I purchased whole new axle.
Going to change the oils to the transmission obviously but I'd like to know how to remove axle from the transmission, is there any cautions to be aware? Does it just come out by pulling like in some other cars?
cruiserphil   
Mon Jul 10 2017, 08:38am

Member No: #38
Hello,
Once released from the hub, the driveshaft pulls out from the transmission. Pull carefully to avoid damaging the seal with the splines. There will no transmission oil loss. You will need to release the bolt from the bottom of the hydraulic suspension ram and strut to allow you to pull out the hub enough to clear the outer end of the drive shaft.

Best regards.

Phil C.
olmala   
Tue Jul 11 2017, 02:26am
Member No: #1919
Thank you for helping me out Phil.
321dave   
Mon Oct 30 2017, 10:06am
Member No: #614
olmala wrote ...

Thank you for helping me out Phil.

Hi all, I am in the process over the long weekend here of replacing the front anti roll bar rubber bushes and the right side wishbone.
Then I noticed when I turn the front drivers side brake disk that the driveshaft seems very sloppy and moves maybe about 5-10degrees idir way before it stops? And is rattly or clunky as it hits the end of that rotation? Any thoughts on this, Is that level of play normal (I'm suspecting maybe not)? Thanks again. Dave

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club