C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

2.2 just died

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Dan595   
Thu Apr 05 2018, 05:11pm
Member No: #299
On fixed price repairs, I sometimes have to remind the dealer what the advertised price is. Certainly have had the cambelt, clutch and most recently the battery (the latter made the service manager wince as it must be marginal business at best) as well as the usual brakes etc. done on fixed price.

I did have one disagreement where the dealer suggested that fixed price repairs were not applicable to C6 but this was resolved pretty quickly.
Norman   
Thu Apr 05 2018, 06:38pm
Member No: #364
Just been down to autotronics in Leicester to have the speedometer repaired under warranty on the way down I updated the navidrive to the 2016/17 maps, when I refitted the display it showed the engine management light was lit and the pollution warning showing and going up the road I left clouds of blue smoke behind me which cleared up after a couple of miles so hoping the management light would go out but no such luck as when I got home it was still lit, so went down to Citroen to have it booked in to have it topped up and guess what on restarting the car the engine management light didn't lit up, Sod's law or what?
Checking the car over I found the near side running light assembly was half full of water and discoloured so I'm looking for a replacment if anyone knows where I can obtain a replacemen.
Tjensen   
Thu Apr 05 2018, 09:30pm
Member No: #954
You have to get the original part from Citroen. And it's a C6 special part, 9303.91 (no bulb replacement possible) so probably you have to order it and wait. I ordered 3, from 2 different sources, waited for many weeks. An now I have 2 spares, a good feeling. There are attempts to repair the old unit. I did not succeed, but otheres have.
321dave   
Fri Apr 06 2018, 10:48am
Member No: #614
Norman wrote ...

Just been down to autotronics in Leicester to have the speedometer repaired under warranty on the way down I updated the navidrive to the 2016/17 maps, when I refitted the display it showed the engine management light was lit and the pollution warning showing and going up the road I left clouds of blue smoke behind me which cleared up after a couple of miles so hoping the management light would go out but no such luck as when I got home it was still lit, so went down to Citroen to have it booked in to have it topped up and guess what on restarting the car the engine management light didn't lit up, Sod's law or what?
Checking the car over I found the near side running light assembly was half full of water and discoloured so I'm looking for a replacment if anyone knows where I can obtain a replacemen.

Hi Norman,
rgarding the near side running lights issue, I encountered one dark very wet February morning a badly flooded road and I did my best to go for the high middle section and raise the suspension up, but it was pretty deep anyway. Ever since then my day time running lights have been steamed up! I'm guessing water might have entered the little air vents at the back of the bumper. So I think they would need removing and drying with a hairdryer to remove all the damp. Here hoping for a hot sunny summer!!
Norman   
Fri Apr 06 2018, 09:50pm
Member No: #364
Having just come back from a month in Spain the car has been with Citroen and I suspect covered in snow, it was half full of water and has gone rusty so took them off and tried to clean the reflector up with out success so removed both led lamps as they had gone rusty and replaced them so we are up and running again but a replacement unit is required.
321dave   
Fri Apr 06 2018, 11:52pm
Member No: #614
Norman wrote ...

Having just come back from a month in Spain the car has been with Citroen and I suspect covered in snow, it was half full of water and has gone rusty so took them off and tried to clean the reflector up with out success so removed both led lamps as they had gone rusty and replaced them so we are up and running again but a replacement unit is required.

Probably best replace them, I remember buying two new ones 3yrs ago. About £60 each at the time.
Jas16   
Mon Apr 09 2018, 06:31pm
Member No: #2994
unfortunately the reflector's are "plated plastic". Any attempt at cleaning them will just cause more damage and you will never get the same finish. I have tried with metal polish etc and I ended up being too aggressive. I think the whole unit with the bulbs is £100 from Citroen. I was stupid and didn't change the unit quick enough, so when the water kept building up it got the height of the bulbs and blew the bulbs.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club