C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

2.2 just died

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Norman   
Tue Feb 13 2018, 10:19pm
Member No: #364
Update citroen rang today to inform me three problems had been found the first was the fuel filter was blocked, the second is a split suspension pipe and the third I a seized suspension bush which the technician was trying to free off. More news on Thursday when the parts are fitted. More news to follow
C6Dave   
Wed Feb 14 2018, 09:53am

Member No: #1
Norman wrote ...

Update citroen rang today to inform me three problems had been found the first was the fuel filter was blocked...

Common problem and they should be changed every 20,000 miles max these days to avoid the problem.
Website
321dave   
Wed Feb 14 2018, 11:56am
Member No: #614
Dave-Retired wrote ...

Norman wrote ...

Update citroen rang today to inform me three problems had been found the first was the fuel filter was blocked...

Common problem and they should be changed every 20,000 miles max these days to avoid the problem.

Hi Norman,
i'd be interested to know which suspension bush in particular was causing trouble. Thanks again for sharing info.
Norman   
Wed Feb 14 2018, 07:58pm
Hi Dave when I get the nod from Citroen I'll have a chat with the technician who is working on it and let you know.
321dave   
Thu Feb 15 2018, 07:38pm
Member No: #614
Norman wrote ...

Hi Dave when I get the nod from Citroen I'll have a chat with the technician who is working on it and let you know.

Thanks Norman. Much appreciated.
Norman   
Sat Feb 17 2018, 09:00pm
Collected the car from Citroen this morning all working ok for the moment, A drive to Manchester airport Sunday morning then a trip to the northern meeting at the Henshaws this afternoon will give it a good test. I hope to attach the report from the garage

Norman   
Mon Feb 19 2018, 06:54pm
Got the pictures from the technician from it last trip to Citroen, However went out this afternoon and 50 yards up the road it died one again this makes it the third time checked the fuel line and found the bulb to pressurise the line had a split in it and would not pressurise so it went back to them on a recovery vehicle.

Norman   
Mon Feb 19 2018, 06:59pm
More photos

cruiserphil   
Tue Feb 20 2018, 08:48pm

Member No: #38
Norman,

Thanks for posting the photos. They must heavily salt the roads in your area. Your car has experienced some severe corrosion on some components.

Best regards,

Phil C.
Norman   
Tue Feb 20 2018, 09:33pm
The car came from London where is was used as a executive taxi the salt situation up here isn't too bad and as it sits on the drive most of the time I was surprised as much as you as to the extent of the corrosion.
It's back with Citroen as it died again Monday due suspected fuel starvation, I'm waiting for the results as to what they find this time.
Norman   
Sat Mar 31 2018, 02:05pm
Hi all, Back from a months holiday in Spain, picked up the car and a receipt for £1479 Ouch!! what they have done is replaced the split priming bulb with a new duel fuel line at a cost of £511.71. then on a test run the technician remarked on how noisy the engine was from the timing belt area, i was going to have it done at the next service as it has done 94000 miles so as it was in the garage i said to do it which they did fitting a timing belt kit tension roller, drive belt, timing+ppe kit and filled it up with cooling liquid.

Now it runs very quiet so i am quite pleased but but not so when they took it on a test drive the main display went out and failed to illuminate so a trip to autotronics in leicestershire to have it repaired under warranty has been arranged. lets hope that is the last of a big spend for the time being, which is not bad for the last three years as its only had the headlight bulbs , windscreen motors and the battery replace plus standard servicing.
C6Dave   
Sat Mar 31 2018, 05:33pm

£967 for the timing belt job was a bit steep Norman on a 4 cylinder C6.

Mine cost £730 on the 2.7 but others have had it done recently on 'Fixed Price Repairs' for a lot less and a 4 cylinder engine should qualify I would have thought.
Website
Norman   
Wed Apr 04 2018, 04:02pm
Spoke to Citroen today re the pricing what she said was that on original parts fitting there is no 'Fixed price repairs' only on the other parts option! what does anyone else think?
jamescarruthers   
Wed Apr 04 2018, 05:35pm
Member No: #1548
I think they are a bunch of slippery devious snakes when it comes to those fixed price repairs offers. I was ignored after a few enquiries and then refused the price they stated.

I spoke to the Motoring Ombudsman because Citroen weren't providing "open and transparent pricing" and they sort of agreed that I had a case but I didn't pursue it any further as I couldn't be bothered to argue with them any more. The job was done competently by B&L for more money. On reflection, I just don't want to ever deal with Marshall Citroen again.

My experience was them saying that they only did fixed price repairs on new cars. I pointed out that new cars don't need timing belts and that my 10 year old car needed it's first one. They were so incredibly obstructive.

I think the offer, as applied to C6 owners, is just not going to happen nowadays. It might of in the past but for now I wouldn't waste your breath dealing with a Citroen dealer unless you have to for parts to take away.

It sounds like a good deal, but it is in fact no deal. They tried to explain terms and conditions but they were just made up on the spot as the website with this offer on did not have any terms and conditions.

This all might be a moot point now as I can't see fixed price offers on their website now for anything but annual services.
C6Dave   
Wed Apr 04 2018, 05:44pm

Norman wrote ...

Spoke to Citroen today re the pricing what she said was that on original parts fitting there is no 'Fixed price repairs' only on the other parts option! what does anyone else think?

What a load of tosh, there is the option for 'Citroen Originals' and Citroen Essentials (aftermarket parts) - Click Here -
Website
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club