Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

2.7 modifications?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Wantathreelitre   
Thu Jun 15 2017, 08:08pm
Member No: #3179
A guy i know with a Peugeot 407 with the same engine has had a re-map, plus DPF removal and EGR deletion. I believe he has kept the cats. He says the car has 40 bhp more, 80 lb-ft more and has a much better response at any rpm. It's smoother also with better fuel consumption. So is it a no-brainer for my 2.7 (albeit probably not very PC on emissions) or are there any problems with doing any of these 3 alterations?
eduardomaio   
Thu Jun 15 2017, 08:48pm
Member No: #869
The gearbox was designed to handle maximum 440Nm of torque.

The engine produces 150kw and 440Nm from the factory, so it's at the limit of the torque that the gearbox can handle.

In another thread you are complaining that you get jerks from the gearbox in town, imagine what would happen after a remap, I'm sure the torque converter and oil pump would not last very long.

Website
gmerry   
Thu Jun 15 2017, 10:06pm
Member No: #21
Previous reply has raised some very good points. In addition, the PSA system for the DPF is very well thought through on the C6 and really should not give a lot of trouble. In addition it definitely improves exhaust cleanliness and will result in an MOT fail if detected.

regards
Wantathreelitre   
Fri Jun 16 2017, 06:31am
Member No: #3179
That's a pity. But I am surprised a maker would design a gearbox only able to take the power/torque produced a standard with no leeway. Certainly my current sports car and those which went before were made with a margin of error, so to speak and have tuned well with no problems. The guy with the 407 has had no issues yet, a year on. I guess the thing to do is to find more people, maybe Citroen owners who have had the remap done and see how they have fared.
ul9601   
Fri Jun 16 2017, 08:07am
Member No: #1975
I'm assuming your mate's 407 also has AM6, so I'd say go ahead and do the remap as the motor/gearbox configuration is the same. Again, you will find there are threads covering this exact topic.
My C6 is a bit lazy coming off the mark (not by much compared to a fellow member's but still noticeable enough) and wouldn't mind more getup and go but it's not really practical given my location.
C6 is quick enough (once it gets going) but it's by no means "high performance" motor - so remapping for the sake of slight increase in performance is moot in my opinion.
Tjensen   
Fri Jun 16 2017, 02:21pm
Member No: #954
The lazy startup may be a result of lazy driving (the learning gearbox) ? My experience is that it is quicker if I remember to drive just a little agressive for time to time.
321dave   
Fri Jun 16 2017, 03:55pm
Member No: #614
Tjensen wrote ...

The lazy startup may be a result of lazy driving (the learning gearbox) ? My experience is that it is quicker if I remember to drive just a little agressive for time to time.

That's correct, it's auto adaptive and I think that explains why I sometimes find the gears changing perfectly if I used the very same route to and from work. I doubt it's getting any information from the RT3 system? Or is it?
ul9601   
Fri Jun 16 2017, 06:39pm
Tjensen wrote ...

I'm curious to know how this "learning" process actually works and over what period it actually learns and forgets etc. Surely it should be able to distinguish between a) creeping along in a heavy traffic and b) trying to pull out of a busy intersection? All I need the car to do is follow what my right foot does. If I plant it, it should be off like a dirty shirt!
My commute route involves maximum of 2km of bumper to bumper low speed driving (up to 30 kph) and the rest (13km) of motorway driving (80-110kph). In addition I have to pull in/out of intersection and roundabouts with a reasonable amount of haste - that would be around 5 times.
Not sure how satnav affects it for you guys but my RT3 doesn't work as it has no map even though it seems to pick up satellites. It cannot be that sophisticated though.
ul9601   
Fri Jun 16 2017, 06:53pm
321dave wrote ...

Tjensen wrote ...

That's correct, it's auto adaptive and I think that explains why I sometimes find the gears changing perfectly if I used the very same route to and from work. I doubt it's getting any information from the RT3 system? Or is it?

When the car takes off from the rest, isn't it already in the first gear? So this auto adaptive shifting shouldn't come into it, should it?
cruiserphil   
Fri Jun 16 2017, 06:54pm

Member No: #38
Lads,

The 2.7 is known for it's turbo lag from standstill so I don't think it's the fault of the transmission. The 3.0Hdi engine doesn't have the lag and has immediate response from standstill regardless of the traffic conditions it has been driven in or style of driving. Forum member Vaho has posted on the repair to the swirl valve actuator diaphragms which he says improves the pick up. I know one of the diaphragms on the 2.7 has failed by using Vaho's simple test. This effectively means both actuators are not operating. I have purchased the kit but haven't had the opportunity to fit yet and experience the benefit.

ul9601, on a separate note, does the SatNav not work even when the maps disc is inserted?

Best regards,

Phil C.
ul9601   
Fri Jun 16 2017, 07:09pm
cruiserphil wrote ...

Lads,

The 2.7 is known for it's turbo lag from standstill so I don't think it's the fault of the transmission. The 3.0Hdi engine doesn't have the lag and has immediate response from standstill regardless of the traffic conditions it has been driven in or style of driving. Forum member Vaho has posted on the repair to the swirl valve actuator diaphragms which he says improves the pick up. I know one of the diaphragms on the 2.7 has failed by using Vaho's simple test. This effectively means both actuators are not operating. I have purchased the kit but haven't had the opportunity to fit yet and experience the benefit.

ul9601, on a separate note, does the SatNav not work even when the maps disc is inserted?

Best regards,

Phil C.

Thanks Phil - I'd better look into it.
As for RT3, I was told by the previous owner that it didn't come with the CD-ROM. (But who really knows?)
I had a chat with the dealer who sold a few NZ new C6s and he didn't seem to know about RT3. I guess there is a good chance that NZ maps actually don't exist for RT3, as NZ is a small country. I've been looking at the possibility of any Pug 407 which came with RT3 + maps.

jamescarruthers   
Fri Jun 16 2017, 09:37pm
Member No: #1548
There are 12CDs available and NZ doesn't seem to be on the list.

CD 1 Great Britain & Ireland
CD 2 Iberia (Spain, Portugal)
CD 3 France
CD 4 Scandinavia (Finland, Norway, Iceland, Sweden & Denmark)
CD 5 Germany
CD 6 Italy (Italy, Malta)
CD 7  Eastern Europe N-W (Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia )
CD 8 Eastern Europe South   (Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Montenegro)
CD 9 Eastern Europe N-E  (Belarus, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Ukraine)
CD 10 Benelux (Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands)
CD 11 Central Europe (Austria, North Italy, South Germany, Switzerland)
CD 12 Canary Islands/Madeira

From this disc selling website: - Click Here -
jamescarruthers   
Fri Jun 16 2017, 09:40pm
Member No: #1548
Maybe ask these people for clarification though - Click Here -
Tjensen   
Sat Jun 17 2017, 10:50am
Member No: #954
Thanks to cruiserphil for good information. I have the 3,0 Hdi and have a feeling that the transmissition uses some time to decide that it is OK to accelerate, but that this goes away after resetting transmission or after some "fresh" driving. Under normal conditions (up to around 230 km/t) I have a very confident feeling that the power and acc is more than enough. In high speed autobahn driving the "Sport" button gives better control. (But the distance to the Camaro SS V8 we rented in US is still another huge leap)
ul9601   
Sun Jun 25 2017, 08:06pm
jamescarruthers wrote ...

Maybe ask these people for clarification though - Click Here -

These guys are a bit odd (one could say dodgy, if any fellow members from downunder has experience with them can confirm).
I asked if they have NZ maps for a Citroen C6 RT3 software version 6.62 - they said yes for AUD300 + 25 shipping to NZ from Aussie. I threw a few more questions per below (all reasonable I thought):

Hi,
just following up on this query, I'd like to seek some clarifications per below:
- You state "The latest NZ map update", is it an "update" or a complete new map set? I ask this as I currently do not have any map at all (I understand the map and navigation information are accessed directly from a CD-ROM, which is required to be in the CD-ROM reader whenever the satellite navigation is used.)
- What date was this current & latest NZ map update issued?
- How often do you have new map updates available?
- Does this product require firmware (or anything other than map, for that matter) update(s) for my current software status? If so, do you advise where and how necessary updates can be carried out in Auckland, NZ?
- You state that you do not accept any return, refund or exchange as soon as the item or software has been delivered. Can you confirm that you will still accept return, refund or exchange IF the product delivered is incorrect against the actual order placed?
- The following is additional vehicle details to confirm the product is applicable and suitable for my vehicle. It would be appreciated if you can double check.

Their response:
Please contact your local car dealer with all your technical and other questions

I'm going like WTH???
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club