Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Market Place :: C6's for Sale

Wanted Citroen C6 3.0 turbo diesel, up to £8,000.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
cruiserphil   
Tue Jun 27 2017, 11:12am

Member No: #38
Thank e3,

Always wondered what they were like. At least you get to drive one often

Best regards,

Phil C.
Wantathreelitre   
Fri Jun 30 2017, 07:16am
Member No: #3179
e3 steve, (everyone else look away!) the 2008 A8 4.2 TDI you drove was updated in 2009 and the 59 plate-on cars were even more powerful. I had an A8 on a 60 plate, an ex-company car i bought in 2015 with 132,000 miles. A firm called DMS re-mapped it to 412 bhp (from 345, the one you drove had 321 as a comparison) and that thing was supercar fast in cut and thrust driving, if not the usually measured but largely irrelevant 0-62 etc and top speed. For a car weighing 2 tons it was incredibly fast but was like Bentley inside. Anyway back to C6s, sorry.
1 User said Thank You to Wantathreelitre for this Post :
 e3steve (02 Jul : 09:10)
Wantathreelitre   
Sun Jul 30 2017, 06:17am
I have given up my search for a 3.0, indeed i have bought a late Citroen SM that is needing the restoration completing. Much has been done including full engine rebuild with sensible mods for reliability not performance and all panels replaced or refurbished then painted. Good potential for a valuable car once completed.
My C6 Lineage 2.7 has been reduced to £6,000 now, a very heavy loss for me in a short time, but in line with real world values, sadly. Stunning and immaculate car and it ticks every box for a buyer. See advert in the for sale section.
e3steve   
Sun Jul 30 2017, 08:15am
Member No: #1163
Tjensen wrote ...

Thanks for that list, Steve. There is also a long list of smaller improvements, more of a problem-solving trocess. Major improvements to add to your list are the brakes and the fuel consumption, both impressing and improved.
The more I drive the 3, the more surprised I am, when I get into to 2.7, at how different the brakes feel. Driving a 2.7 all the time, the braking feels fine; but after driving the 3 and then getting into the older car, I notice the greater pedal force required to tame its two-tonne hulk. So you're quite correct, Tjensen!

The fuel economy is a noticable improvement, too.
e3steve   
Sun Jul 30 2017, 08:21am
Member No: #1163
Wantathreelitre wrote ...

I have given up my search for a 3.0, indeed i have bought a late Citroen SM that is needing the restoration completing. Much has been done including full engine rebuild with sensible mods for reliability not performance and all panels replaced or refurbished then painted. Good potential for a valuable car once completed.
My C6 Lineage 2.7 has been reduced to £6,000 now, a very heavy loss for me in a short time, but in line with real world values, sadly. Stunning and immaculate car and it ticks every box for a buyer. See advert in the for sale section.
Very pleased that you've found a new Citro-muse in the SM! Very. Envious. (read 'jealous'!) In. Fact...

Don't mug-away your C6, though. Rhd C6s are getting fewer by the year!
Wantathreelitre   
Sun Jul 30 2017, 05:30pm
Thanks Steve, i would love to find someone who will care for this car as i have done all my cars really. I have a (swear word probably here) Ford Capri 2.8 Brooklands with 138,000 miles and it gets treated like a baby, any work is done, like, yesterday!
Come on guys, who wants a stunning and very cheap car, my 2.7 C6?
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club