Fault Codes Galore

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
David Hallworth   
Sat Jun 10 2017, 10:12pm

Member No: #90
3.0 HDI specific, but C5, not C6!

I was in Glasgow tonight for a meal and ended up parking in a small space on one of the steepest streets in the city... The C5 has a handy feature on it where it'll measure a parking space and tell you if the car will fit! Gimmic really but it always impresses passengers! When leaving the space I was gently left foot braking whilst taking up the drive so that it didn't roll back as the car behind had parked very close.

Everything was fine at the time but about 5 minutes later when gently braking down a hill to a set of traffic lights, the car chimed 3 times and there was an anti-pollution fault on the screen.

We drove home and everything seemed fine, performance was still great, bags of power when required and everything felt perfect.

I woke Diagbox up when I got home and had a look at the car. There were 4 faults stored in the Injection ECU.

P2299 - Accelerator Pedal Sensor
P2173 - Mixer Butterfly
P2175 - Mixer Butterfly
P1490 - Particle Filter

Recently the car has flashed up "Risk of DPF Clogging" a few times but it instantly disappears and it's never caused any restrictions. The other 3 faults are new and I've never seen them before.

I've cleared all of the faults and will use it for a while and see if anything comes back.

Anybody ever experienced anything similar?

David.
David Hallworth   
Fri Jun 30 2017, 09:31pm

Just to update this, it's now been 3 weeks since this happened, the cars been used regularly, including a trip to Newcastle and back which was covered very quickly due to being in a rush and I'm pleased to confirm that none of the codes have come back

I'm convinced now that it must have been that the ECU wasn't happy with left foot braking and right foot accelerating at the same time.

Fingers crossed she stays happy!

David.
Jas16   
Fri Jun 30 2017, 10:11pm
Member No: #2994
these error codes are brought up if the sensor picks up a value that isn't within it's pre-programmed range, hence certain fault codes may be triggered. generally taking key out and starting car again rectifies this.
e3steve   
Sun Jul 02 2017, 09:41am
Member No: #1163
Jas16 wrote ...

these error codes are brought up if the sensor picks up a value that isn't within it's pre-programmed range, hence certain fault codes may be triggered. generally taking key out and starting car again rectifies this.
I've experienced this on the 2.7. Often a phantom 'fault' will just disappear, -- mainly because it was never actually there -- sometimes on the third re-start...
David Hallworth   
Mon Jul 17 2017, 01:23pm

They didn't seem to self clear on the C5, I needed to go in with Lexia and sort it out.

The "Mixer Butterfly" is now reporting a fault again in Lexia although there's no engine management light on. I've tried to readapt it but it's not working and fails so it looks like that needs replacing as well.

I'm glad this things got a warranty on it, last years payout was £3k... lets see what this year brings!

David.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club