Lexia Purchase

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
BulbeckC6   
Wed May 24 2017, 04:33pm
Member No: #3081
Hi,

I am planning on purchasing a Lexia system for my 2007 C6 2.7 HDi.

There seem to be a number available from different suppliers via a range of outlets at different prices. Is there something specific I should be looking for or do I just go for any 'Lexia 3 with Diagbox for Peugeot/Citroen'? Are all of the systems on offer able to perform the same functions on the car?

Does anybody have any recommendations of the best place to buy one from?

Thanks for any input you can provide.

vaho   
Thu May 25 2017, 07:33am
Member No: #2228
I ordered mine from China: - Click Here -

Delivered fast and it has worked very well. What you want to have is full chip, then there is no problems with various functions. It contains Lexia 3 and Diagbox on separate DVD-s. Installation was a bit problematic, especially the updates but there is a written and video guide available in the internet. I eventually did not go beyond version 7.60, because it caused the computer to crash. Google search Lexia or Diagbox installation or something like that. OS must be Windows XP, I bought a cheap separate laptop for just this installation. Lexia 3 and Diagbox must not be installed on the same computer.
Nowdays I prefer Diagbox because some configurations are not possible in Lexia (tire size conf. for ecxample) for some reason. Lexia is somewhat easier to use and quicker but that might be that i have a bit better laptop for it.
Cisco   
Thu May 25 2017, 10:31pm
Member No: #1429
I bought this about 4 years ago when I got my C6.

- Click Here -

Has been invaluable to work on the car and runs fine on my Windows 10 laptop.
ul9601   
Thu May 25 2017, 11:38pm
Member No: #1975
Mine ex-eBay chinese one was a bit sketchy. It would work sometimes then halfway through diagnosis it'd just lose the connection.
I bought a replacement one from easydiagnostics.co.uk and that one seems better.
C6 DEN   
Fri Jun 02 2017, 09:17pm
Member No: #2200
I have just bought one off eBay!!
- Click Here -
I am wondering if there is any advice with this on the forum?
BulbeckC6   
Tue Jun 06 2017, 11:29am
Member No: #3081
Thanks for the input folks. I have decided to go with this one - Click Here -
on the basis that:
it has been recommended by others
it seems to provide the maximum level of frunctionality
it is from a UK supplier who can provide support
it is the latest version of both firmware and software etc.
it can be installed on recent versions of windows
it's not too much more expensive than a potentially dodgy Chinese version

I will let you know how I get on!

C6 DEN   
Thu Jun 08 2017, 08:06pm
Member No: #2200
If I plug the Laptop with the "Lexia" on it....It might ask me to confirm a piece of equipment..Bosche series xxx etc..etc... Where would I find the information about my car??
p/s... My C6 has started acting up!!...A loud (Pump??) type noise is coming from the front of the car on the drivers (Right) hand side...I am guessing it is either the suspension/steering pump without any hydraulic fluid in it.....I suppose we will see when I attempt a de-pressurisation & fluid top up using the Lexia software....(I don't really know what I am doing to be honest!!!)
cruiserphil   
Fri Jun 09 2017, 06:22am

Member No: #38
Hello C6 Den,

When you access a menu and Lexia gives the ECU ID (e.g. SID201) with the request to confirm it, just go ahead and confirm. No worries there.

Best regards,

Phil C.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club