help needed in london

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Goldc6   
Mon May 08 2017, 08:56pm
Member No: #3132
hi all
we have the pleasure of owning a beige c6{ i like to call it gold cos it makes the car even more special 2009 2.7hdi}
found out last week the front bushes had gone, we did replace the bushes with ones off ebay last year but they wernt up to scratch so bit the bullet an ordered the whole arm for both passenger and driver side as well as drive shafts for both
got a call from the mechanic who told us it was all done but when driving it home it kept bouncing and then on the dash it came up with SUPENSION FAILUER DO NOT GO OVER 50MPH
now the front has stiffened and wont drop but the rear suspension goes up and down as normal
does anyone know of why this may of happened and of a solution?
any help or insight will be a absolute god send
vaho   
Tue May 09 2017, 05:56am
Member No: #2228
Hi. I have seen written that aftermarket suspension arms are not geometrically correct and may therefore cause suspension faults. If you bought original then that is not the case. Also the rear bushing brackets of the arm are different depending on model year and engine (one slightly thicker/higher than the other) which, if replaced with incorrect one, can also cause faults. The lower one can be corrected with extension plates. So I guess your problem lies somewhere in that area.
vaho   
Tue May 09 2017, 06:13am
Member No: #2228
I was talking about wishbones, just realized that maybe you were meaning something else. Well the wishbones and their brackets are however the things that can cause problems, haven´t heard about other parts.
Continuing with wishbones here´s a picture from Citroen Service with part numbers according to RPO number:

gmerry   
Tue May 09 2017, 06:44am
Member No: #21
Hi, my personal take on this is that you need to change your mechanic to one who knows and understands the C6. BL Autos is generally regarded to be the best. Any idea why you replaced the front drive shafts? They shouldn't have needed to be replaced if the problem was suspension bush wear!!!

Note that I'm assuming you aren't in position to sort this yourself (DIY) hence giving detailed instructions on what to look for / check probably won't help you. If this assumption is wrong, let us know.

regards
321dave   
Tue May 09 2017, 07:39am
Member No: #614
Hi Goldc6,
welcome to the forum, I'd second what G has said already. It's strange changing the drive shafts, and I can't see how that would effect the suspension bush issue you are decribing. I'm wondering did the mechanics hit or damage in some way your front height sensors? You have two sensors on each side of the front suspension setup. They have little metal links between the lower wishbone (Vaho mentions these) and the chassis. I'm by no means an expert but I believe that should be checked as well for accidental damage. Hopefully you'll get it sorted out easily. Best of luck.
cruiserphil   
Tue May 09 2017, 11:35am

Member No: #38
Goldc6,

If I'm correct you did have new front lower wishbones (arms) fitted on both sides of the car? I know from replacing them that even if all is in order in the installation that the suspension heights should be reprogrammed. As 321Dave points out, the suspension height sensor mounting, linkage and wishbone bracket need to be checked for proper set up first.

Best regards,

Phil C.
Goldc6   
Wed May 10 2017, 12:30pm
Member No: #3132
thanks for the welcome 321dave,
we had the drive shafts both side done cos when the steering wheel was turning you could here the creaking like it was gona snap and the passenger side the cv boot had got damaged so that was creaking like hell.
it was the big dinosaur looking arm when had replaced both sides due to the rubbish bushes we itted last year oh and citroen told us we couldt buy the bush on its own but had to get the whole arm ( 700 for both inc vat)(bl auto said they cost 150+ FFS citroen)
spoke to the mechanic we had the work done by and he forgot to add thst on the driver side he could get the pin thru the sensor but couldnt manage to get the pin thru on the passenger side,
we have spoke to BL auto and when my wife explained what we had done and they symptoms the fella on the fone knew right away what was needed and that the sensor should of never been touched.
thnaks for giving us BL auto they do seem to be the nuts, i will keep you posted on how it goes
gmerry   
Wed May 10 2017, 02:30pm
Member No: #21
It might be helpful to others to name and shame the garage that has done such a bad job on your C6. Hopefully BL Autos will get it all sorted.

best regards
Trainman   
Fri May 12 2017, 08:24am

Member No: #86
on a side note: the colour is actually 'Sable';)
e3steve   
Sat May 13 2017, 01:58pm
Member No: #1163
Trainman wrote ...

on a side note: the colour is actually 'Sable';)

'Tis a lovely colour, too!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club