A serious 3.0 HDi issue

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
David K   
Sat Apr 29 2017, 10:44pm
Member No: #42
Which one should we keep?

As I import C6:s from all over Europe to Sweden I sometimes buy a car that I get very attached to. And this time I've really got an issue because I've bought a white C6 with brown interior which is drop dead gorgeous!
The problem is that we already have an Abysse blue with crème interior which also is (IMHO) extremly beautiful as well.

So which one should we keep?
I think my favorit is the white from the exterior but I just love the créme interior.
Is it an awful lot of work to exchange the interiors?

ul9601   
Sat Apr 29 2017, 11:38pm
Member No: #1975
Now if that is a serious issue for anyone with a C6, I think here is a serious solution: Keep them both.
In my opinion, each interiors goes well with exterior colour - I think white with cream would be too bland.
Hattershaun   
Sun Apr 30 2017, 06:02am
Member No: #320
Keep both.
I have three C6 at the moment. In theory two are for sale.
e3steve   
Sun Apr 30 2017, 10:58am
Member No: #1163
I agree with Shaun, especially as you have two 3.0HDIs! I too have two ATM, but my lovely 2.7 will be for sale once I've finished correcting a couple of small issues, along with a paintwork freshen-up.
321dave   
Sun Apr 30 2017, 01:31pm
Member No: #614
Hi David, both lovely examples of the 3.0hdi C6. I think your solution is to buy a third C6. While in France a few year back, I followed in our Peugeot a white and beige 2.7hdi C6, 2008 model year I think. It was lovely and it was in your colour scheme. So, you need to find that French C6 and buy it!!
Tjensen   
Sun Apr 30 2017, 11:33pm
Member No: #954
Nice with a small separate section for the few C6 version 1.5 with many small changes and improvements
CitroenCrazy   
Mon May 01 2017, 04:38pm
Member No: #443
White with brown interior, close to perfection !
e3steve   
Mon May 01 2017, 06:35pm
Member No: #1163
CitroenCrazy wrote ...

White with brown interior, close to perfection !
Alezan, apparently...
FraserG   
Tue May 02 2017, 01:12am
Member No: #2011
They both look gorgeous to me but I love the beige interior in my C6 and so if push came to shove I would likely opt for the dark blue example. Or maybe not? My Citroen mechanic repainted his CX Turbo 2 black from white. I couldn't believe it as I loved the white. You do in fact have a very serious problem!
Trainman   
Tue May 02 2017, 04:20am

Member No: #86
Now, I have to admit, I'm not a lover of the Alezan, but having said that, I've only ever seen it on an Obsidian Black or Thorium Grey car, colour combinations which I don't think suit it. Another thing I don't like about it, is that it comes in 'panels' on the door card.

Compare both door cards and you'll see what I mean.......
keithc   
Thu May 04 2017, 09:16am
Member No: #2584
The white looks stunning in it. As has already been said, the cream interior would be too bland imo for the white. The interior in the white really suits it. Which is more rare? The white I presume so if you can't keep both I'd opt for the white.
321dave   
Thu May 18 2017, 07:31pm
Member No: #614
I'm wondering what was the final decision! It's nerve racking stuff!!
Bishop   
Fri May 19 2017, 10:03am
Member No: #868
I don't normally go for white cars, but having revisited those pictures, I'd definitely go for that car - it really does look a million dollars in that colour and trim combo.
David K   
Fri May 19 2017, 10:16am
Member No: #42
Ooops! Sorry for not responding earlier but the nerv wrecking issue of how to do with the cars has turn my brain into a disaster.
I still don't know for sure what to do to be honest.
Even though some think it wouldn't fit with a white car with cream interior, it's still my dream combination. I've seen it once (only on pictures) and for me it was a really, really beautiful combination.

So now I have the possibility to create my dream car, but I think it's so much work to exchange the interiors that I don't know if I have the time and energy to do it. And maybe not the knowledge as well to do it, for example the blue car has a lounge pack and the white car not. I don't know how much extra work that would cause?

And the blue car is in such a good condition and I've treated it with love and care since I bought it 4 years ago. And it has never failed in anything! So do I really want to sell that one?
But the white one is so beautiful from outside and also has a sunroof which I appreciate a lot.

And I just can't keep them both unfortunately. I also have a third 3.0 HDi I need to sell...

Mon dieu what a tough decision!
ul9601   
Mon May 22 2017, 12:50am
Member No: #1975
Off topic, I noticed the other day a grey 2.7HDi had black door mirrors. Was body coloured mirror optional? I personally find black mirrors on non-black cars make them look "cheap". (Mine's black so I never noticed)
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club