C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

found water leak in boot.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
col3356   
Fri Apr 28 2017, 10:24pm
Member No: #3096
Hi all, just bought this C6, 2006, 2.7hdi, found wetness in boot that seller forgot to mention , anyway as suggested on here my offside light cluster was full of leaves/dirt so took it off cleaned under it and placed gasket material on screw studs steve kindly posted to me, (thanks again steve) anyway found now that bad leak after car wash coming from boot spoiler !!!, anyone else had/fixed this problem ? Before I start investigateing.
Thanks for reading
Colin
gil8338   
Sat Apr 29 2017, 05:38pm
Member No: #2512
Hi, I know of one owner (now moved on) who had this problem, I think he had to go to the main dealer for the gasket but had to wait as they were on back order...... best of luck.
col3356   
Sat May 20 2017, 05:29pm
Member No: #3096
Yes it was the seal round the spoiler leaking badly anyway it was a simple fix, put the spoiler into maintenance mode (ignition key in turned off, wiper arm in the on position),take off the spoiler cover on top of boot 4 screws, unscrew the spoiler from inside the boot enough to place an instant gasket sealant, and it stopped the leak completely, hope this helps someone. Colin

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club