C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

water in boot after wash !

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
col3356   
Wed Apr 19 2017, 03:38pm
Member No: #3096
Hi all, it's my first question since I just bought a C6,2006, 2.7 diesel exclusive, I have noticed there is some wetness in the boot after I washed it, but the seal looks ok!, any ideas please.
Colin
Hattershaun   
Wed Apr 19 2017, 05:40pm
Member No: #320
I've heard of the rear screen bonding failing, leading to water entry.
A gentle push of the screen, around the edges, from inside the car with an accomplice watching on the outside for movement in the screen will reveal a problem.
Or it could be the side windows.
Also, worth checking the rear lights are tight against their seals.
e3steve   
Thu Apr 20 2017, 06:38am
Member No: #1163

Tail light stud seals, IMHO. Hose the rear of the car and open the boot, then feel, with a dry hand, around the lights' retaining thumb-nuts. I have plenty of self-adhesive gasket material if you need some (you'll need to cut four small rectangles); I can pop some in the post to you.

You just need to lift out each light, clean and dry off around each stud hole and peel & stick the a rectangle of the material over each hole. Then just put the light back in place. Eacb stud pierces the material easily. Just nip up the plastic nuts; job done.

If you still have a leak, at least you'll have addressed this common source...
col3356   
Fri Apr 21 2017, 04:10pm
Member No: #3096
Hi Steve, thanks for your prompt response, yes it sounds highly possible that could be the problem, I don't know anything about a C6 at this time it's my first, I have had a xantia, gs, bx, cx, and an xm for15yrs, if you can post me the gasket/sealer please, I don't know if you can see my address on here !, and how can I pay you!,
Colin
e3steve   
Sat Apr 22 2017, 11:44am
Member No: #1163
col3356 wrote ...

Hi Steve, thanks for your prompt response, yes it sounds highly possible that could be the problem, I don't know anything about a C6 at this time it's my first, I have had a xantia, gs, bx, cx, and an xm for15yrs, if you can post me the gasket/sealer please, I don't know if you can see my address on here !, and how can I pay you!,
Colin
Just PM your address to my inbox, Colin; I'll send on Monday.

I have loads of these self-adhesive discs of material; they come with autopilot heading sensors and the centres of marine instrument gaskets. One side has a s-a membrane (sometimes a bit awkward to peel the paper away, so you'll need the used of a fingernail!). They're about 80-90mm dia.; you need four squares of about 25mm each.

I'm happy to send them to any C6er in the UK.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club