Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

Finally taken the plunge

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
CitroenCrazy   
Mon Apr 10 2017, 10:27am
Member No: #443
Hi all
I'm something of a serial consumer of advice on forums like this one, so before I start asking neophyte questions, I'd better say Hello.

I've just taken the plunge and bought a Lignage, 2.2, manual in storm grey.

The car's not entirely unknown to this forum, having passed through Mr David Hallworth's hands twice.
I really enjoyed the 300 odd mile drive back from Glasgow on Saturday.
I know lots of people think a manual 'box is out of place in a luxury car, but I've never owned an automatic and never particularly wanted one.

I don't intend to use her for commuting, I have a stable of Xantias to meet utilitarian transport requirements, but I couldn't resist the temptation to show her off at work this morning. My colleagues are unmoved, but I notice that I've almost subconsciously moved my desk around a bit so I can more easily check on the beast through the window.

So far, so good, though it does feel a bit like first moving in with one's girlfriend. You've shared some quality time together, but neither party has seen the worst side of the other, and some adjustment in the relationship is likely to be needed......At least I know what's expected from me, point and pay !

Cheers
Andrew
FraserG   
Mon Apr 10 2017, 09:19pm
Member No: #2011
Hi Andrew

I like how you think!

My C6 has been a trusty friend so far in our two and a half years together. I suspect these forums, as wonderful and helpful they are as a community, do rather tend to highlight problems as that is what most people connect about. Also some members on the forum are much more fastidious than others. I've had the odd warning message come up but if nothing appears to be wrong, I ignore them and they go away. So far anyway! The most annoying is when my rear seat belt sensors tell me that the seat belts aren't done up when I don't have any passengers. The alarm can become a real pain until it eventually gives up!

My C6 is like my previous CX's, I'm always looking to catch a glimpse of it through the window or reflected in a window!

Enjoy your car.

Cheers Fraser
Trainman   
Tue Apr 11 2017, 04:40am

Member No: #86
CitroenCrazy wrote ...

THe car's not entirely unknown to this forum, having passed through Mr David Hallworth's hands twice.

Having been a little involved with that car, I can say that I would have had no hesitation in buying it, had I not already had mine.

CitroenCrazy wrote ...

I really enjoyed the 300 odd mile drive back from Glasgow on Saturday.
I know lots of people think a manual 'box is out of place in a luxury car, but I've never owned an automatic and never particularly wanted one.

I have to say I was quite impressed with the manual 2.2 when I drove it, apart from the extra noise of a 'four pot' it does drive surprisingly well.

CitroenCrazy wrote ...

So far, so good, though it does feel a bit like first moving in with one's girlfriend. You've shared some quality time together, but neither party has seen the worst side of the other, and some adjustment in the relationship is likely to be needed......At least I know what's expected from me, point and pay !

Story of my life, and it doesn't change when you get married.......... her car becomes 'our' car when it needs something
CitroenCrazy   
Tue Apr 11 2017, 02:32pm
Hi Fraser
Picking up on this >>The most annoying is when my rear seat belt sensors tell me that the seat belts aren't done up when I don't have any passengers.<<

Yes, mine does that. I thought it odd but as a total newbie, I didn't know for sure whether it's normal or not. Is this, in theory, fixable then ? I suppose it means the car thinks the rear seats are occupied. Dodgy connector somewhere ?
CitroenCrazy   
Tue Apr 11 2017, 02:41pm
>> her car becomes 'our' car when it needs something <<

Oh yes, I know all about that. Celebrated 24 years of happy marriage yesterday
Dan595   
Wed Apr 12 2017, 08:33am
Member No: #299
Hi Andrew,

I think I know you too...

If the most annoying thing is when the rear seat belt warning comes up (I'm presuming it just shows on the screen rather than beeping as well) then I don't think you have much to worry about. The car gets another couple of points on the NCAP test for this reminder. If you need to see what's on the screen before the warning disappears, just press the <ESC> key.
FraserG   
Wed Apr 12 2017, 09:33pm
Member No: #2011
Unfortunately the seat belt warning is accompanied by increasingly frantic and panicked beeping alarms which I sadly haven't learnt how to silence. Short of stopping and fastening the seat belts. I haven't tried that yet! After a few minutes however it gives up usually. Luckily this only seems to happen once or twice a year so it's not a major. A bit like the occasional unheralded rebooting of the radio/sat nav etc. Just a little annoying. A bit like the car has Tourettes Syndrome!
CitroenCrazy   
Thu Apr 13 2017, 08:50am
Thanks Dan
Yes, one of the reasons I bought my car was your feedback on yours

The rear seatbelt warning is just on the screen, with no bleeping. so it sounds like a "feature" rather than a bug. Good to know.
e3steve   
Fri Apr 14 2017, 08:11am
Member No: #1163
FraserG wrote ...

... A bit like the occasional unheralded rebooting of the radio/sat nav etc. Just a little annoying. A bit like the car has Tourettes Syndrome!

I've posted a 'fix' for this. I'll find it and show the link...

EDIT: - Click Here -
Jas16   
Mon Apr 17 2017, 10:06am
Member No: #2994
i have a 2.2 manual as well and from my point, I prefer the waftiness of the C6 with the improved economy, it is nice to get almost 700miles out of a tank! yes there is always the background noise of the diesel and an automatic would suit better but I feel this combination is the best of all worlds. Maybe I wouldn't say that if I had experienced the 3.0 v6 though!
Dan595   
Wed Apr 19 2017, 08:51am
Member No: #299
Jas16 wrote ...

i have a 2.2 manual as well and from my point, I prefer the waftiness of the C6 with the improved economy, it is nice to get almost 700miles out of a tank!

I have managed to get over 800 miles on a tankful, on occasion....
kfairgray   
Sun Apr 23 2017, 07:53am
Member No: #2555
Fraser et al.

Maybe the C6 deeply wishes that you had a passenger in the back seat and is reflecting that longing on its message screen - such things are possible you know

Ken

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club