Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Body Height Sensors

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
gmerry   
Tue Apr 04 2017, 07:41am
Member No: #21
Markie, back in 2015, wrote that the dealer diagnosed that all 4 body height sensors, needed to be replaced:
However last week the dash lit up like a Christmas tree, so no real alternative than to take it to my local main dealer - who diagnosed no less than all four height sensors had failed and one ABS sensor also! For this plus the diagnostic check and a and a re-calibration of a tyre sensor valve the bill came to just shy of £600 inc VAT.

I wonder if the cause of the failure is corrosion of the little spherical ball on the sensor arm (that is actuated by the little linkage #5273 81)

Anyway, see the photos below

gmerry   
Tue Apr 04 2017, 08:07am
The Body Height sensors numbers are 5273J7 (red Left Front), 5273J8 (yellow, Right Front), 5273J5 (blue Left Rear), 5273J6 (green Right Rear).

These parts seem slow to arrive from Citroen UK.

So if the only thing wrong with the sensors is the corroded ball stud, it's actually a simple enough job to drill the sensor ball stud from the reverse side (4.2mm drill), tap out to M5 x 0.8mm, file off the remains of the ball stud and install replacement ball headed stud.

Igus seem to have some ideal linkages for the job.
gmerry   
Tue Apr 04 2017, 11:34am
OK, Igus linkages ordered, - Click Here -.

I'll connect the plastic ends with M5 ss threaded rod. That way all the corroded ball studs, on the suspension links and height sensors will have been replaced with new.

regards
rwb   
Tue Nov 26 2019, 11:58pm
Member No: #1988
How do you get the old ball out of the sensor and out of the bracket?
Website
321dave   
Wed Nov 27 2019, 07:32am
Member No: #614
rwb wrote ...

How do you get the old ball out of the sensor and out of the bracket?

Mini pullers? Or a little bit of controlled elbow grease.
Fraunie   
Wed Nov 27 2019, 08:19am
Member No: #3763
I recently replaced all the brackets (they are quite cheap) and greased them with MoS2 (Molybdaen) before installing. "Elbow grease" helped getting out mines

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club