LCD Display of Lineage without Sat Nav

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Leodra   
Wed Mar 29 2017, 09:58pm
Member No: #3075
Hi all,

I've just received today the LCD from vendor who I recently bought the car, and realised that model might not be the right one. Part number is: JCE-EMF C-APR CEM1.

Checking in internet it appears as a PSA lcd but not for a C6 model. Trying to fit it in, it is too big.

Does anyone know which is the right part number or LCD model for our C6?
I couldnĀ“find it out in internet.

Should be one like this one:

By the way, I would appreciate also if anyone knows how to remove the dashboard frame to fit this display it its place.

Thanks in advance.
Leodra   
Fri Mar 31 2017, 08:41pm
Well, after analysing the display I got, I arrived to the conclusion that this is the correct one. Now I only have to remove the frame to fit it in there. Any suggestions or guidelines about how to do it? I have found the parts but not how to install it. I donĀ“t want to break it. Regards.
JimC   
Sat Apr 01 2017, 07:00am
Member No: #229
Having done it twice, I know the cover 'pops' off but can't for the life of me remember if I started with a rubber-covered lever to raise the front portion (just under the two vent controls) or by pulling the top cover up & towards myself (away from the windscreen air vent that looks like a curved speaker cover).
Once the facia is off, there's 4 screws holding the central panel in place then another two holding the screen.
Once you get the first panel off it's a 5 minute job to remove & replace the screen.
Good luck!
JimC   
Sat Apr 01 2017, 07:08am
Member No: #229
PS: the part number I used to get a replacement is: 96609544ZD
(excellent & speedy service after I plucked up the courage to do a bank transfer on receipt of an email saying they'd supply it once I'd paid!)
Leodra   
Sat Apr 01 2017, 05:55pm
Thanks JimC, it worked very well following your instructions.

Finally I could remove Facia, then change the screen was very easy, as you said 4 screws for the central panel and 2 more for the screen.

Create an album with the sequence of photos, to facilitate process steps identification, called "C6 LCD Screen Change".

Regards

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club