C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Rear wheel bearing replacement

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
keithc   
Tue Sep 05 2017, 01:46pm
Member No: #2584
My problem is the inside part of the bearing where the nut touches was removable on my GSF bearing. I could take off the rear race also. At the time I didn't take any notice but thinking now it probably was a faulty kit?
321dave   
Tue Sep 05 2017, 07:25pm
Member No: #614
keithc wrote ...

My problem is the inside part of the bearing where the nut touches was removable on my GSF bearing. I could take off the rear race also. At the time I didn't take any notice but thinking now it probably was a faulty kit?

Hi Keith, not sure I'm reading the full thread here, are you talking about the rear hub having two bearing in the hub? Any photos. Did somebody install a new hub recently and it's gone bad?

Dave
321dave   
Tue Sep 05 2017, 08:19pm
Member No: #614
321dave wrote ...

keithc wrote ...

Hi Keith, not sure I'm reading the full thread here, are you talking about the rear hub having two bearing in the hub? Any photos. Did somebody install a new hub recently and it's gone bad?

Sorry, I missed the earlier post where you described putting the new hub on yourself. I have two new rear SKF hubs in storage and ready for assembling back onto the car any day now. I can take a look at them.
And see if there's a little play in the fixed rear bearing section.

Dave

travlician   
Wed Sep 06 2017, 01:21am
Member No: #350
Replaced the bearing 2 years ago, no issues since...
keithc   
Mon Sep 18 2017, 09:57pm
Member No: #2584
I got an SNR Hub kit and took off the GSR one I put on 2 weeks ago this evening and after fitting the SNR one all is ok!
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club