C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Car Care and Maintenance Tips

Leather Repair Kit

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
keithc   
Wed Mar 01 2017, 03:41pm
Member No: #2584
I have the cream leather interior and managed to put a slight mark on the seat recently from my jeans.

- Click Here -

Has anyone used this kit before? And in the selection I'm given the option of Cream or Ivory. I presume the cream would be best?

Thanks!
321dave   
Thu Mar 02 2017, 09:58am
Member No: #614
Hi Keith,
Would you have a photo of the scratch? Is the grain of the leather damaged or just the colour on top? In my experience the kits can be very good, the colour matching has to be spot on though and putting back the surface finish also done well. Some kits come with a little air brush as well to blend back to the original seat finish. It depends on the damage really.
keithc   
Thu Mar 02 2017, 02:20pm
Member No: #2584
No photo but I just damaged the colour, no leather damaged etc. thankfully!
321dave   
Thu Mar 02 2017, 04:30pm
Member No: #614
keithc wrote ...

No photo but I just damaged the colour, no leather damaged etc. thankfully!

Thats good news Keith. So, it's just a bit lighter where the leather was scratched. So, all you need to do after following the preparation setup stage is to match the non scratched paint colour to scratched area and blend out to the other parts of the seat and spray the protection over the painted area to stop the paint rubbing away. But a good tip here is try the technique out first on a old spare bit of leather or even a bit of plastic would do. It's really to check the colour when dry is a close match to the rest of the seat. Good luck with it, and practice makes perfect!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club