RESOLVED: Depollution faulty with errors P1350, P1351 and P1352

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
olmala   
Fri Feb 24 2017, 05:02pm
Member No: #1919
PROBLEM SOLVED!

Editing original post with follow up of the found reason for these errors to help someone with similar error.

Changed new set of glow plugs for my Citroen C5 2008 2.7HDI. Brand was Denso.

After driving a bit over 500km I got depollution faulty on dash with limp mode and connected Lexia to found out errors P1350, P1351 and P1352.

Removing faults didn't help as they immediately came back up. Run the actuator test and it didn't help, relay didn't click and showed that circuit is open.
Attatched pictures of the data given by Lexia. Faults 1351 and 1352 were with same parameters, 1350 was different.

Removed battery, didn't help. Disconnected wirings from both set of glow plugs with no help.

At this point for some reason took battery off and on again, and run the actuator test once more. Relay was clicking.
Connected one bank of plugs and still clicking, another and it jammed. Had to disconnect battery to get clicking again, didn't just help to disconnect the faulty set.

Found out that one of my new plugs had short circuited.
For some reason it jammed the relay and only disconnecting battery (or relay from ground) helped. Changed this faulty glow plug and now it works without faults.

Nice system, it sees if there's open circuit on ether bank of plugs but jamms if for some reason there is short circuit. Oh the wonders of the PSA...

321dave   
Fri Feb 24 2017, 08:47pm
Member No: #614
Hi Olmala,
i have had the glow plug 1351 error along time, and my understanding is that some of my glow plugs are not working. Probably have one or most likely two plugs of the six not working. My car starts well even in -1 weather. So, 1350 i think is in fact the relay as opposed to 1351 for the plug. To be honest its not so clear.
Did you also check your new plugs individually before inserting them in place to check they are working ok? And did you purchase new connector leads that fit on to the new plugs? not so expensive, as they have contacts onto the top of the plugs. A new relay is around 50-70euro but i've heard there is a strip of metal that can be burned out if faulty in the relay and this can be replaced with a new metal fuse strip. Apparently much cheaper than buying a new relay. Anyway, thats about as much as i know at the moment, but i'm sure other forum members will have some more information.
olmala   
Fri Feb 24 2017, 10:53pm
Member No: #1919
Measured all glow plugs and everyone has correct ohms, took few of and are working.

EDIT: Measured wrong. Ohms for working plugs were 0,8 to 1,2 ohms,one had just 0,2ohms and was sort circuit and this was reason for this relay jamming and faults.

Run the actuator test again with Lexia after disconnecting glow plug wiring from relay and it was clicking correctly. After connecting one bank of plugs and running actuator test again, relay klicked just one time and faults came again. So I think for some reason relay might get stuck when plugs are connected.
Opened the relay box but nothing seems to be wrong. Running actuator test again tomorrow with relay opened and plugs connected to see if it really gets stucked.
321dave   
Sat Feb 25 2017, 05:05pm
Member No: #614
olmala wrote ...

Measured all glow plugs and everyone has correct ohms, took few of and are working.
Run the actuator test again with Lexia after disconnecting glow plug wiring from relay and it was clicking correctly. After connecting one bank of plugs and running actuator test again, relay klicked just one time and faults came again. So I think for some reason relay might get stuck when plugs are connected.
Opened the relay box but nothing seems to be wrong. Running actuator test again tomorrow with relay opened and plugs connected to see if it really gets stucked.

I'm not an expert. Maybe the relays on the way out? Partially working, or not able to support the six plugs. In my case lexis shows just 1351, but your getting 3 codes related.
cruiserphil   
Mon Feb 27 2017, 09:11am

Member No: #38
Thanks for the update Olmala!

Best regards,

Phil C.
Nikolaj   
Wed Sep 04 2019, 08:42pm
Member No: #4047
I have the same fault codes and only 1 click when testing, (haven't tried to disconnect plugs from relay yet) and test failing with "open circuit".
I have replaced the relay, but no difference, so the relay is probably not the cause of this problem.
The controlling connector on the relay has 4 pins: grund, power (when ignition is on) start heating time (from unit control), and finaly the diagnosis pin.(to unit control)
Question is how many different codes the relay can send to the unit control?
It seems that the relay only gives 1 click, when a fault is detected!?
The relay is a bit sophisticated, see picture in this post:
- Click Here -
I have new plugs in the mail, so hopefully I'll soon be on the road again.
Nikolaj   
Sat Sep 14 2019, 09:12pm
Member No: #4047
Disconnected the glow plug connector at the relay, and relay was clicking fine, I expect that the old relay also works fine, but surprisingly I don't get engine fault anymore, and no limb mode.
I do get the 1351 when checking with Diabox, but nothing in the car display "Alert Log".
So it's possible to trick the system.
I will of course still change the plugs, but it makes the car more usable for now, and it's still warm enough in the mornings, not to cause any starting problems, starts right away.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club