C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

Hello and a couple of questions..

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
BrianM   
Fri Feb 10 2017, 02:07am
Member No: #2970
Hi I'm Brian and I am seriously considering a C6 - Just a quick question, I have back problems and was wondering if I put the suspension to the highest setting (to enable me to get out at a high kerb without too much pain) will it stay up say overnight to help me get back in again or is it likely to go down by morning?

Assuming also there is no way to remote activate it? Next, did any of the cars leave the factory with privacy glass?

cheers
kfairgray   
Fri Feb 10 2017, 08:12am
Member No: #2555
Hello Brain

You'll need something with high seats and large doors [C6 is a lower car]

Perhaps a Renault Vel Satis?

Kind Regards

Ken

Trainman   
Fri Feb 10 2017, 11:48am

Member No: #86
Brian,

If you raise the C6 to enable you to get in and out, Yes it could sink overnight, however, the suspension will return to it's last setting when you unlock the door, automatic, as it has an electronic suspension pump.

Privacy Glass was never an option, as far as I'm aware.....

I would also suggest having a serious look at one, before you buy, check the high for access, etc
BrianM   
Fri Feb 10 2017, 01:13pm
Member No: #2970
Thanks - its not that bad that I need a higher car thankfully, just knowing that it will go back to were I left it is enough and the standard height looks higher than the last car I owned (Jaguar XJ8) so I think I will be ok. There are only a couple for sale over here in Northern Ireland so actually getting along to see one first to get a serious look is not that easy - however that is also one of the reasons I am thinking of one, the fact they are a bit on the rare side. I mentioned the glass as one here has it and I know that unless it's done right, tints can ruin the look of a car (even a C6!) I noticed a "snow" option on the gearbox has anyone any experience of driving one in the snow?
vaho   
Fri Feb 10 2017, 02:01pm
Member No: #2228
If the snow mode is active the box engages third gear on take off, otherwise it is all the same. It helps a little in thick snow but generally you can take off with first gear also with less throttle. All modern cars with automatic gearboxes have this but I personally havenĀ“t used it although we occasionally do have some snowfalls. This year I used it once during heavy snow but it was more of just trying it out.
mtee   
Fri Feb 10 2017, 09:07pm
Member No: #1924
I'm driving on more or less snowy and icy roads 4-5 months per year. With decent winter tyres the C6 is behaving really nicely in such conditions.
C6Chester   
Fri Feb 10 2017, 10:08pm
Member No: #2287
I find my C6 suspension drops down when I unlock the car, before rising to the last position again upon turning the engine on. Not sure if this is standard - mine does it every time without fail.

It always gets people looking when I unlock the car in a busy car park and the car just starts dropping!
travlician   
Sat Feb 11 2017, 12:22am
Member No: #350
C6Chester, when locking the car, the suspension is no longer height controlled so maintains the position at that time (and since you left the car it will be in a bit higher position). You might try to see what happens if you wait a bit longer before locking the car.
Jas16   
Sat Feb 11 2017, 10:20am
Member No: #2994
i have heard the pump running for a few seconds when i am out of the car, i presume the car is resetting itself to a preset level
Trainman   
Sat Feb 11 2017, 03:23pm

Member No: #86
Brian,

There are 12 members based in Northern Ireland, of which 5 are based in Northern Ireland. So if you do go ahead you'll become one of a very 'Exclusive' set.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club