C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

'Clunk when stopping engine'

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Sevenman   
Tue Feb 07 2017, 09:07pm
Member No: #2241
Other than a recurring ABS fault (same sensor replaced twice now and the fault has just reappeared) the C6 had been behaving.

But, when stopping the engine, there is something of a clunk when it stops. Not every time, but most times.

It starts and drives smoothly.

Any ideas? I read that there was a complicated rear engine mount that could be a potential culprit, but that it is hard to get to. I couldn't find it in the documents area.

Any advice welcome.
userpco   
Wed Feb 08 2017, 12:07pm
Member No: #622
[quote]
Other than a recurring ABS fault (same sensor replaced twice now and the fault has just reappeared) the C6 had been behaving.

No advice on the clunk but I also replaced the front sensor twice and the fault reappeared.
I replaced both rear sensors and have been OK for 3years since

Jas16   
Thu Feb 09 2017, 10:30pm
Member No: #2994
i get the same, and certainly one i cannot repeat all the time. my initial thoughts were the drop links, but fo rme my wheel alignment is certainly out on the front passenger side
Sevenman   
Fri Feb 10 2017, 02:31pm
Member No: #2241
Jas16 wrote ...

i get the same, and certainly one i cannot repeat all the time. my initial thoughts were the drop links, but fo rme my wheel alignment is certainly out on the front passenger side

I don't think this is suspension component-related, since the car is static and gearbox in park when I turn the engine off.

Is your wheel alignment causing tyre wear issues? Mine wore heavily on the inside, hopefully now fixed.
Jas16   
Sun Feb 12 2017, 10:40pm
Member No: #2994
no mine is different, i get severe wear on the outer part of the tyre but only on the one on the front passenger side.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club