C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

Anybody near Manchester?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
bottezela   
Wed Jan 25 2017, 12:24pm
Member No: #2688
Hello to everybody!As first I have to say that this question has nothing to do with C6(yes, I'm the owner of a 2.2 td, as well),but anyway I'd ask if anyone of you can help me.I live in Italy, and I often find (and buy)the items for sale on ebay or other sites in UK, but sometimes there's print "no shipping outside UK" or "collection only",so the transaction ends immediately for me.I've found this item in Bolton, Manchester area, collection only, I'm ready to pay it, but I don't know who can pick it and send the package to me.Do you know anyone(or a company) who can do this service?You can contact me on email adress e mail icon
Thank you in advance,
Gordan
e3steve   
Wed Jan 25 2017, 08:41pm
Member No: #1163
bottezela wrote ...

Hello to everybody!As first I have to say that this question has nothing to do with C6(yes, I'm the owner of a 2.2 td, as well),but anyway I'd ask if anyone of you can help me.I live in Italy, and I often find (and buy)the items for sale on ebay or other sites in UK, but sometimes there's print "no shipping outside UK" or "collection only",so the transaction ends immediately for me.I've found this item in Bolton, Manchester area, collection only, I'm ready to pay it, but I don't know who can pick it and send the package to me.Do you know anyone(or a company) who can do this service?You can contact me on email adress e mail icon
Thank you in advance,
Gordan
Good luck, Gordan. I'm sure someone here might just help you out, once they login and see your post.

I'd be happy to help, but when I'm in England I live about four hours drive from those cities!

I have Honda friends in Trumpland... Sorry, USA; we help each other out in a similar manner, in both directions (UK>USA and USA>UK), with rare parts for our 1960s' classic Honda motorcycles.
cruiserphil   
Thu Jan 26 2017, 08:18pm

Member No: #38
Gordon,
Did you message the supplier to see if they would reconsider if you agree to pay the postage?
This has worked for me on several occasions.
Best regards,
Phil C.
Trainman   
Fri Jan 27 2017, 09:55am

Member No: #86
Gordon,

I'm about 20 miles away if that helps?
bottezela   
Sat Jan 28 2017, 12:02pm
Thank you very much!Unfortunately the seller has got no time to pack and ship the item even if I offered to pay him all the shipping cost.And I can understand his or your decision on not proceeding with shipping, because we are talking about an(english and rare ) drumkit, four pieces of sheer pleasure but a little bit weird and "roomy" to pack.There are few parcel companies on line doing the service(collection at your home included)that I can contact and pay online, so the packing would be the the only problem.The kit would fit inside a cardboard box cca 65-70cm each side, weight of a cca 30kg, plus a smaller one cardboard box cca 45-50 cm each side and cca 15kg of weight.The seller might deliver the kit at your home(previously contact required ) if living in Bolton, Greater Manchester, BL15PJ, or not far away from him.Don't hesitate to contact me if you want more info(the link of the seller to be contacted directly, etc...) before your final decision.The bidding ends within 3-4 days.Thank you again for all your support, it is a pleasure to be a part of this forum!Kindest regards, Gordan
Trainman   
Sat Jan 28 2017, 05:33pm

Member No: #86
Gordan,

can you PM me a link to the item, then I have a better idea of what I'm looking at
bottezela   
Wed Feb 01 2017, 03:29pm
Hello Steve, I sent you a PM with link!Kind regards, Gordan

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club