C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Towing and Roof Boxes

What towbar to fit to a C6?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
cristimarcu5   
Wed Apr 27 2016, 10:31am
Member No: #2100
Hello! As "egegron", I have the same question: where to connect the wier of towbar Bosal? I buy and mount the original one from other C6.
The electrique part had menny wires to connect somewhere.

Please, tell me if there is missing something or where to connect all wires.
Menny thanks in advance!

cristimarcu5   
Wed Apr 27 2016, 10:52am
Hello!
I mounted an towbar, Bosal, original one from other C6, with electric part but I don't know where to connect all ends of wires. In picture, you can see many ends of wires.
It is missing something or sould i connect only some of them?
Plese, advice me, where to connect wires or what missing.

Many thanks in advance!
Cristi

gmerry   
Wed Apr 27 2016, 11:47am
Member No: #21
Pretty sure you need a Towing ECU (dealer only). Do a global scan and see what is already fitted to your car.

Regards
G
cristimarcu5   
Tue May 10 2016, 07:57pm
Hello, again!
Could you, please, to me the estimate price for one Towing ECU?
Many thank,
Cristi
Trainman   
Tue May 10 2016, 08:33pm

Member No: #86
I think it needs configuring with Lexia/Diagbox...... as to where the clips go, I can have a look at mine of the next couple of days if you want?
cristimarcu5   
Tue May 10 2016, 09:07pm
I know there are some configurations with Lexia. My local expert, not the Citroen garage, is ready to do this.
If you can take some pictures with where the clips go, it will help me.
thanks
cristimarcu5   
Tue May 17 2016, 08:52pm
Hello again!
I am not shore if I will find for buy a Towing ECU.
Can somebody tell me if are using for towbar a classic wires without towing ecu?
Is it possible to connect the wires direct to the back of lamps?
many thanks
nouveaucitroenist   
Sat May 21 2016, 06:45am
Member No: #2222
Hey cristimarcus5,
I don't have a tow bar on my C6 but can advise on other cars I have had with a CANBUS system it was necessary to fit an ecu to connect the tow bar electrics and integrate with the other systems.

Whilst nothing is impossible I wouldn't want to try to connect electrics to one of these systems without being very confident as the chances of 'cooking' something else would be high and could be very expensive.
gmerry   
Sat May 21 2016, 08:31am
Member No: #21
Hi Cristimarcu,

You have two options:-

A/ Purchase a new Citroen ECU from a dealer and wire it up according to the instructions provided with the ECU and activate with Lexia. In theory, this will deactivate the rear fog lights and rear parking sensors when you have a something connected to the towing socket (via a Euro13pin socket that incorporates a microswitch). The critical legal function in the UK is that the trailer indicators must be monitored and failure indicated to the driver via a double flash rate. In your country, there will be a similar legal requirement. In the UK, the functions of the EU13 pin socket is tested via the annual roadworthiness inspection (known here as MOT)

B/ Go to a competent AutoElectrician and ask for a universal Canbus towing relay. Check that the installation by them meets all local and EU legal requirements and will pass all local testing requirements. The main functional requirement will probably be some sort of bulb failure monitoring for the indicators.

Regards
G

PS, my Citroen OEM ECU installed by the dealer does not work properly, never did even when new so if I was doing the job again I would probably go for option B
ul9601   
Sun Sep 18 2016, 08:45am
Member No: #1975
Those are some sweet looking tow bars! Especially so when compared to what came with my car -

Looks pretty bogus (sticks out way too far and half ass wiring inside) and it goes through the boot spare wheel well (and it doesn't even have a nice joggle to follow the contour of the spare wheel well) - this doubly [%*^#@!] me off because I found the spare wheel well was full of water... I did wonder why there was a water drip mark under the tow bar bolt...
I think I'll take it off - looks like I need to take the bumper off at the very least.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club