Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: Members Get Togethers and Events

Manchester Classic Car Show 2017

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Trainman   
Sun Jan 22 2017, 02:22pm

Member No: #86
I'm pondering the idea of having a stand at the Manchester Classic Car show and wondered who would be interested in showing their cars?

It would mean that cars are moved into site on Friday 15th September 2017 and remain on site until after the venue closes on Sunday 17th September 2017.

Information about the show can be found here: - Click Here -
e3steve   
Mon Jan 23 2017, 08:17am
Member No: #1163
I could offer to show mine, Steve. Just to give you and the public a good laugh!

It's still 'work-in-progress'; I can't be sure if it will be ready by September. In fact, I can't be sure if it'll ever not be 'work-in-progress'...
Trainman   
Mon Jan 23 2017, 12:34pm

I know the feeling Steve
FraserG   
Mon Jan 23 2017, 11:21pm
Member No: #2011
You Gentlemen, like many on this site, are perfectionists.

There is much pleasure viewing cars that are well used and loved. In fact, I find them often more interesting than the perfect unblemished museum cars that are never driven.

Dare I say it, it's much like women (or men - substitute as appropriate), a patina of age adds character and celebrates a life well lived!
e3steve   
Wed Jan 25 2017, 07:22am
Member No: #1163
FraserG wrote ...

There is much pleasure viewing cars that are well used and loved. In fact, I find them often more interesting than the perfect unblemished museum cars that are never driven.

Dare I say it, it's much like women (or men - substitute as appropriate), a patina of age adds character and celebrates a life well lived!
I'm actually quite ashamed of the state of mine. I've beaten the corners off the front bumper and put a(nother) crease in the boot lid! Oh, and my once-immaculate wheels are a disgrace... I want to get it mechanically up together before I waste any more money on cosmetics, but I'm not so sure that that goal is attainable.
321dave   
Wed Jan 25 2017, 08:26am
Member No: #614
e3steve wrote ...

FraserG wrote ...

I'm actually quite ashamed of the state of mine. I've beaten the corners off the front bumper and put a(nother) crease in the boot lid! Oh, and my once-immaculate wheels are a disgrace... I want to get it mechanically up together before I waste any more money on cosmetics, but I'm not so sure that that goal is attainable.

I'm the same Steve, mechanical perfection first, then aesthetic restoration after that, i think its the best way as you can enjoy driving and using the car, which is important, plus its important to get the replacement parts purchased now as i've only seen the part prices going up and up over the last 2 years, and in a few cases the parts are no longer available, so your relying on old stock and used parts then. In my case, ive been unlucky also with other peoples parking!
Trainman   
Wed Jan 25 2017, 08:56am

I agree with you all, and I'm not looking for perfection, I'm after good honest cars and people who can spare a bit of time to help us on the stand.

If it doesn't work out, it's no loss. It doesn't cost us anything. I'm putting a deadline of the 28th February on this so I can book the space and start working out logistics.
Hattershaun   
Wed Jan 25 2017, 09:12pm
Member No: #320
Steve, ordinarily I'd be very happy to spend a weekend 'up north' at a car event with other enthusiasts. However, I'll go The Chevrons rally, which, as you know is close to my home.
Good of you to promote the C6 at events like this, well done, I know you'll make it a success,
there are plenty of C6 near Manchester.
Trainman   
Wed Jan 25 2017, 09:35pm

Thanks Shaun, if this doesn't pan out I'll be at Chevrons on the Saturday.
Trainman   
Thu Jan 26 2017, 09:49am

Simon, as I've said above, it's an idea. If it doesn't work, then it doesn't work.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club