C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

ARB bushes

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
321dave   
Wed Jan 04 2017, 09:23pm
Member No: #614
Hi all, has anyone any experience replacing the worn rubber bushes in the rear anti roll bar?
Here's what I worked out so far.

Early C6 started with a 20mm rear anti roll bar radius (bar radius) and then went up to 21.5mm. Citroen doesn't sell them unless you purchase the full unit for €200. So, I instead worked out I could use a pair of Peugeot 3008 rear ATB bushes. There on order at the moment, so I'll soon find out the hard way if it works or not! Any experience here very welcome. Also the bolts look very rusted.

Dave
gmerry   
Wed Jan 04 2017, 11:24pm
Member No: #21
Hi Dave, are the ARB bushes split or solid?

If solid ( I suspect they are), the old bushes can be cut off with a knife after having undone the clamps and removed the entire assembly.

Then remove all the rust and flaking paint, and prime the metal then paint with a glossy enamel.

Getting the new bushes on will require lots of lubricant: soap or cable pulling lubricant or something similar.

Note, this is how I did it on a classic (not a C6)

Regards
321dave   
Thu Jan 05 2017, 02:04pm
Hi G, yes you were spot on! They are solid and the link bar is rusted quite badly in two places. I guess the bar should still be ok torsionslly. Bushes arriving soon, it will be interesting to see if they fit ok. Just a thought. What would the original bush radius be if the bar is R 21.5mm should the original bush be the same size or in fact smaller?
gmerry   
Thu Jan 05 2017, 04:42pm
Member No: #21
Dave, I'm hoping for you that the replacement bushes have a large diameter hole, close to 21.5mm. Otherwise you won't get them on.

regards
321dave   
Thu Jan 05 2017, 04:46pm
gmerry wrote ...

Dave, I'm hoping for you that the replacement bushes have a large diameter hole, close to 21.5mm. Otherwise you won't get them on.

regards

I guess when crimped up by the support bracket a 22mm bush might be a better fit. I might just order the 22mm Peugeot bushes just in case.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club