C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Fuel Flap Fail

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
ul9601   
Sat Dec 31 2016, 05:17am
Member No: #1975
Went to fill the tank but realised the fuel flap wouldn't open. I could hear the solenoid trying to open it but still nothing. With someone else pushing the fuel flap open switch, I carefully levered the flap and it popped right open. It turns out a small black spring (bent to 135 degree) fell out from its slot behind the solenoid latch. The spring clipped back in, it works fine now.
onthecut   
Mon Jan 02 2017, 03:18pm
Member No: #2793
That could leave you in a bit of a pickle if you were low on fuel. Not clear from your description -- is the small spring part of the flap assembly or the solenoid ?

As a matter of interest, is there a manual release lever for the fuel flap somewhere, in the evnt of solenoid failure ?

Mike.
ul9601   
Tue Jan 03 2017, 12:02am
onthecut wrote ...

That could leave you in a bit of a pickle if you were low on fuel. Not clear from your description -- is the small spring part of the flap assembly or the solenoid ?

I'll take a photo - it just sits on the rubber boot thingy which surrounds the fuel filler neck.

onthecut wrote ...

As a matter of interest, is there a manual release lever for the fuel flap somewhere, in the evnt of solenoid failure ?

Mike.

I was wondering this myself and looked through the owners' handbook but didn't find anything. I recall CX handbook had an emergency release procedure.

ul9601   
Tue Jan 03 2017, 12:18am

onthecut   
Tue Jan 03 2017, 10:32am
Member No: #2793
That looks like a case of no expense spent rather than no expense spared !

Mike.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club