New C6 owner

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
beckyrachel   
Thu Dec 29 2016, 01:47pm
Member No: #2924
Hi,

I'm far from new to big Citroens having owned countless XMs, a few CXs, a few BXs, and a GSA. I blame my father.

I've been agonising about what to move on to from the XMs ( I have 3 ) for years, I briefly had a 2.2HDi exclusive C5 and didn't get on with it. Yes it was fast and frugal, it stopped well too - but it always felt too normal and it always felt like I was sitting 'on' it rather than 'in' it - can't explain why it just never seemed right.

500 miles in and C6CXM is a different matter, no it's not frugal, no it doesn't stop as well as the C5 did and it might not be as fast - but it feels right.

Anyway, I'll shut up now.

Rebecca

Hattershaun   
Thu Dec 29 2016, 04:51pm
Member No: #320
Welcome Rebecca,
I said hello on the CCC Facebook page.
Here's to much enjoyment with your new C6.
David Hallworth   
Thu Dec 29 2016, 09:28pm

Member No: #90
Welcome to C6 Ownership and the forum

You're not the only one here who moved on from XM's!

That certainly looks like a cracking example that you've bought.

David.
gmerry   
Fri Dec 30 2016, 11:30am
Member No: #21
Hi Becky, welcome and it looks like a nice car.

You say the car doesn't stop too well. As well as getting the brakes serviced (clean caliper mounts, grease pad backs and sliding points etc), I would highly recommend fitting high carbon front disks and high friction front pads, say Greenstuff. Low cost and effective brake upgrade that will totally transform the braking. Details are in this forum and can be found via a google search.

Regards
G
Norman   
Fri Dec 30 2016, 11:46am
Member No: #364
Hi Rebecca and welcome to the forum i have a 2.2 and it does around 36 mpg and certainly stops without any fuss or surprises and i don't drive slowly so perhaps a brake check is in order, but by all means enjoy the C6 its a great car to drive.
mebedforduk   
Fri Dec 30 2016, 05:41pm
Member No: #1780
Hi Becky

Long time no speak from the XM days

Hope you are keeping well

Im still lurking on the C6 front, will get one eventually even if its a Big Cit swan song for me

Feedback appreciated to convince me

kr
Trainman   
Sat Dec 31 2016, 10:01am

Member No: #86
Rebecca,

to the forum, It's nice to see CXM finding a new home. any problems, shout.......
Tjensen   
Sat Dec 31 2016, 01:29pm
Member No: #954
I also moved from XM (V6) to C6. But I was lucky and ended up with a 3,0 Hdi. One of the improvements from the 2,7 is the brakes (the car journalists had critique in this area testing the 2,7). This is the best brakes in my whole car-life ! I did not expect this, because the DS/CX LHM direct full-pressure system should be technologically superior: faster to operate and also building up full power more rapidly. XM also good, but with a strange spongy rubber add-on on the pedal mechanism to make it feel more like other (mediocre) brakes. I now use Greenstuff pads, just to overkill, but no difference to notice. I forgive the somewhat sluggish pedal compared to DS /CX because the stopping power is so easy to apply smoothly with all the power and fastness you need.
ChrisHunter   
Thu Mar 16 2017, 09:27pm
Member No: #188
brake issues is surprising - ours seems v.good in this regard ... wonder if it's just a matter of them not having been used very much, so in need of some use ?

never understood why the brakes on the 'C6 were not integrated with the suspension, as per 'CX ... likewise the steering ... or why the 'CX didn't include gear-change, too ...
e3steve   
Sat Mar 18 2017, 10:36am
Member No: #1163
Welcome to the loony-bin, Rebecca! CXM looks lovely; wish you well to own it...

We're all here to laugh at you and chant "told you so" when it ruins your days out

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club