Rear Door Not Locking.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Cisco   
Mon Dec 12 2016, 02:54pm
Member No: #1429
Hi Folks,

My rear nearside door has stopped locking. I can still hear a light click (microswitch?) but not the heavier thud of the lock operating.

Can someone post the assembly drawing for the door locks with the relevant part numbers please? Also any advice on removing the assembly will be much appreciated.

All the best and thanks in advance,

Frank
vaho   
Tue Dec 13 2016, 12:51pm
Member No: #2228
Hi. I can put you a photo from the service program which does not contain all the parts numbers because they just didnĀ“t fit into the frame. Also there is in technical documents a guide to strip the door which contains removing of the lock mechanism. I think the problem can most likely be in the part no 1, it is the locking mechanism itself.

Cisco   
Tue Dec 13 2016, 07:00pm
Hi Vaho,

Many thanks for that. Yep, pretty sure it's part #1. I managed to source a s/h one from Robert at B.L. Autos today so hopefully will have it sorted shortly.

I'll post some pics of the replacement op for the C6 knowledge pool

All the best,

Frank
C6Chester   
Tue Dec 13 2016, 09:00pm
Member No: #2287
Out of interest, is it normal for the front passenger door to only open from the inside if its opened first?

Whenever I have passengers in the car, if anyone opens a door before the person in the passenger seat, that door automatically locks and has to be opened from the outside!
David Hallworth   
Tue Dec 13 2016, 09:18pm

Member No: #90
C6Chester wrote ...

Out of interest, is it normal for the front passenger door to only open from the inside if its opened first?

Whenever I have passengers in the car, if anyone opens a door before the person in the passenger seat, that door automatically locks and has to be opened from the outside!

Nope, I'm afraid not.

David.
Cisco   
Mon Feb 06 2017, 09:49pm
Hey Guys,

I replaced the rear door lock mechanism today. I didn't take any pictures as it was very cold!

Just for info, in case any of you have to replace one, the unit comes out without disturbing the window control or support channel however it was very tight both to remove the old and install the replacement unit. But it can be done, just needs some (a lot of) patience. Next job heater mixer paddle!

All the best,

Frank

Cisco   
Sun Jul 08 2018, 09:08am
I replaced the rhs rear door lock mechanism yesterday. As both rears have now gone I think it is a fair assumption that other high mileage cars will have this fault in future. My car is now at 130K miles.

There is one piece of important info on the procedure that is worth knowing. In order to change the lock #1 you have to remove #12/11, the complete door handle assy, to change the cable connection on #12.

There is a recessed #10? torq bolt (pictured) which has to be loosened to remove the door handle assy chassis. Only loosen this a couple of turns or else you run the risk of dropping a small retaining latch into the body of the door.

Dropping this latch will ruin your day

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club