Back again with another C6... how to replace the blown airbags

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
David K   
Sat Feb 21 2015, 05:23pm
Member No: #42
Wow! That's beautiful!
It makes such a difference for the total impression of the car with wheels in superb condition.
David Hallworth   
Sat Feb 21 2015, 08:48pm

Member No: #90
It was sitting in the sun today and I couldn't stop admiring it. The wheels were stunning but the rest of the car filthy.

Will post finished pictures of the car on Monday after it's been machine polished.

David.
David Hallworth   
Mon Feb 23 2015, 07:04pm

Well, considering it's a Monday, I'm a very, very happy man tonight

The C6 is back from the detailer and the results are nothing short of astounding! Pictures speak a thousand words so I'm going to shut up and throw some pictures at everyone!!

David.
Varsity   
Tue Feb 24 2015, 10:22pm
Member No: #2062
Stunning
Listerjag   
Fri Dec 09 2016, 08:48pm
Member No: #1985
Hi David do you recall which company you used to reset the airbag module?
David Hallworth   
Fri Dec 09 2016, 11:18pm

I do, it was an eBay advert. I bought it, paid by PayPal and posted him the ECU. It was back within 48 hours IIRC.

- Click Here -

David.
pgrant5   
Tue Mar 17 2020, 01:34pm
Member No: #3774
Hi David,

I also purchased a Citroen C6 from an auction, unbeknown to me the offside airbags were deployed, following the car clipping a kerb, apart from that the car was in very good condition.
I have replaced the curtain airbag, and the rear airbag the trim was also broken, I now need to do the front seat, but as the instructions are not clear in the Citroen download, I was wondering if you could possibly send me a copy of the relevant instructions.
Also did you need to replace the airbag module, my main concern is if I replace all the airbags, and reconnect the battery will they be triggered again, I look forward to your reply with keen interest.

Kindest Regards

Peter
David Hallworth   
Wed Apr 15 2020, 09:32pm

Sorry, I've just seen your post!

The ECU does indeed need to be reset to have the crash data erased from it. I found a guy on eBay who did it for me for around £25.

David.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club