C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Rear Suspension on Low

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
MikeH   
Sun Nov 27 2016, 08:02pm
Member No: #1555
After a day of normal driving where I had activated sport suspension a couple of times, I left the car for a short period and then got back in to continue my journey. The rear suspension had moved to low position and a warning sign came up stating 'Suspension Faulty - Maximum Speed 55 mph'. I stopped immediately and drove the short distance back home (very slowly). The suspension rises and falls normally at the front but no matter how the 'up' and 'down' buttons are pressed, the rear will not move from 'low'. The pump is therefore working. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery but this hasn't changed anything. I've checked the 'under-dash' fuses but these seem fine. There are no hydraulic leaks. Does anyone have any ideas?
furriegurrie   
Sun Nov 27 2016, 09:20pm
Member No: #2448
Have you checked the sensors and their linkages that give information on the height of the car? There is 1 on each corner of the car.

Maybe 1 of the rear ones is broken or disconnected or something leading to conflicting information for the suspension ecu.

Getting the car connected to a Lexia would give you what's wrong normally.
MikeH   
Tue Nov 29 2016, 09:10am
Thanks for the suggestion. I found that the LDS level was a little low and topped it up. I don't think this would be the reason but if it was, do you know if a fault code has to be cleared with a Lexia before the car will return to normal operation because the back still refuses to rise.
321dave   
Tue Nov 29 2016, 09:39am
Member No: #614
Hi Mike, sounds a bit like the rear Valve might be stuck, thats the stiffness control valve belonging to the rear stiffness regulator! I believe CruiserPhil had a similar problem and if you do a search on the forum he describes how he repaired the actual valve. It does go wrong the odd time. I've had Citroens for years and personally never experienced that problem at the rear, but i know a few people who did.

MikeH   
Sun Dec 04 2016, 06:28pm
Thank you Dave. I found Cruiser Phil's report and will give it a go. Many thanks for your suggestion.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club