C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

TPMS- How should it work?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
furriegurrie   
Wed Dec 07 2016, 10:40am
Member No: #2448
These sensors are not original Citroën, so may require a slightly different way to get them activated. The dealer tools I used (2 different versions) are not very user friendly. No real feedback, just a black box with some lights and a single button. So whether it works or not is a mistery. The tool from Euromaster has a small screen on which actual info on the sensor is given....I've got an appointment on Friday. Will post the results after that.
gmerry   
Wed Dec 07 2016, 12:02pm
Member No: #21
My dealer tried telling me that because my sensors were not Citroen purchased, they wouldn't work.

They may have a point, because Citroen parts stock I think are supplied already activated (woken up).

In actual fact, Citroen parts are Siemens in any case so as long as you have the correct part and working tool, there should not be any issues.

regards
furriegurrie   
Fri Dec 09 2016, 04:22pm
Member No: #2448
Well the good news is that my new sensors which are on my winter tyre set should now work. The dash is showing them green and ok!

Job was very easy and quick. Euromaster used a Ateq VT56 for this. Just a quick ride afterwards and they all work.

Only thing is that it seems to have overwritten my original set....Lexia is showing 4 sensors in the system. Different ones then before. I've taken note of the sensors that were on the system before and will enter those in manually. Hopefully that should take care of it when putting the summer tyres back on in a couple of months...
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club