Power steering pipe question - update

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
321dave   
Thu Apr 27 2017, 03:00pm
Member No: #614
gmerry wrote ...

Keith, have a look at this ancient thread on the rusty coolant pipe - Click Here -

Hi vaho, that's a good repair you have already then, as G says the thread covers the story of where and how to repair the metal coolant pipe. I think it was G or Phil who uploaded a guide to repairing the pipe in steps. I'll take a look Keith to see if I have a photo of the original pipe. My original pipe was leaking slowly and in really bad condition. It ended up in two halfs simply by pulling it out!! It was so corroded and weakened before I removed it!
keithc   
Thu Apr 27 2017, 04:04pm
Member No: #2584
- Click Here - thanks Dave, I found the guide by Phil. Very helpful. Something to check over the weekend!
321dave   
Thu Apr 27 2017, 11:22pm
Member No: #614
Hi Keith,
It was the start of the coolant pipe journey unfortunately for me, as I started to replace coolant hoses throughout the engine from that point on. If your coolant level is stable and at a good level all the time that's a good sign. My car is stable now, but I've only 3 original pipes not replaced after 2 years hunting for coolant leaks.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club