C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C6 fuel contamination?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
dr.mark   
Tue Nov 15 2016, 09:33am
Member No: #2439
I made my usual 80mile trip to Norfolk this weekend in my 2008 2.7HDi.
Car was running well. Leaving to return I saw that the fuel level was down to three bars so I refuelled with Shell V (@126.9/litre!!) some 18 miles into my journey.
Leaving town and about three miles after the refuel I came up behind a line of slower traffic so 'feathered' the throttle.At about 1700 the engine seemed to surge, the tacho fluctuating between 1400 & 1800 rpm. Acceleration resumed normality, as did foot off completely however the jerkyness persists on light throttle. Cruising @ 70 on the dual carriageway for 30 miles no problem but the symptoms recurred when coming off the slip road. The events seemed linked to the refuelling so might it be a poor batch of fuel?
I'm perplexed.
gmerry   
Tue Nov 15 2016, 06:04pm
Member No: #21
Dr Mark, tricky one! Bad fuel would actually be water or dirt (in the UK)

3 bars of remaining fuel would have given you some buffer if you have some water in the new load of fuel.

Perhaps best to drain the fuel filter housing and change the fuel filter as cheap possible fix to see whether this provides any improvement.

regards
dr.mark   
Sat Dec 17 2016, 02:06pm
Member No: #2439
So sampled the fuel - it smelt strongly of ??acetone. Drined the tank, filter and pipes. Put in new diesel and the car has run perectly since. I wonder if the garage tanks had been cleaned out.......or they sold so little V power diesel that it had deteriorated.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club