Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

DocBackup / Sedre installation ---- still tearing my hair out.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
onthecut   
Tue Nov 08 2016, 10:01am
Member No: #2793
Really getting quite frustrated now, trying to get the Docbackup etc. to perform.

It's supposedly a 2014 version and I'm looking to load it onto a pretty empty laptop running Win7 (64bit) and a choice of IE8 or Firefox.

I can get the Sedre to load, but it won't display the diagrams. In Firefox it says there is an XMLS Parsing error. In IE8 it just comes up with a blank box with the small 'x' in the corner.

DocBackupAC is much more frustrating. It will load itself onto the toolbar and generate the 'click to open' message, but if I do click to open it ---- nothing happens apart from a brief blink of the HD light. I have duly copied the two allegedly missing .dll files into it, but to no avail.

Can't help but think it's something simple, if only I knew what. I'm also a little confused over the issue of the 32bit / 64bit thing. I think I read that the SVG viewer is only a 32bit program -- could this be my issue ?

Any thoughts whatsoever much appreciated.

Mike.
bargi   
Tue Nov 08 2016, 12:26pm
Member No: #2590
Sounds like your problem
- Click Here -

Only other thing I'd suggest is try IE in compatibility mode
- Click Here -
e3steve   
Fri Nov 11 2016, 10:11am
Member No: #1163
I think all Diagbox/Sedre/Lexia/PP apps are designed to run within WinXP x86 only...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club